Hood won't stay latched!!!

Tyler

Yeah .. so I come home, to find my hood is slightly popped open. I go outside to check it, and I close it, but it pops back up. When I finally got it to close, I could easily just pop it back up with my hand ... is there an adjustment? It just started happening and I haven't changed anything to cause it ... Common problem? Does something need to be replaced? Help!? ???
default_smile.png

Rightseat

had same prob recently

WD-40 is ur friend here

lube the release cable & latch up front (esp the spring that closes main latch) , the release lever/cable inside, and life is good.

also helps to get car in heated garage and dry the cables/ltaches out. I think ice gets in em, things stiffen up, and the hood won't stay shut.

Runnah

had same prob recently

WD-40 is ur friend here

lube the release cable & latch up front (esp the spring that closes main latch) , the release lever/cable inside, and life is good.

also helps to get car in heated garage and dry the cables/ltaches out. I think ice gets in em, things stiffen up, and the hood won't stay shut.

Who crazy I had the same exact problem a few weeks ago!!!

WD-40 did the trick as well, I now keep a mini-sized can in the glove box.

Nothing scarier than seeing your hood pop up on 95!

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
a roll of Gaffers tape is also a good thing to keep with you. you can seal a hood down with it too!

(like Duct Tape, without leaving a sticky residue)

Rightseat

I was ready to sling a bungie cord from the hood scoop down over front bumpa

Only thing worse than seeing your hood pop up on I-95 (where at least you have a safety latch) is having same thing happen on the rally car (no latch just hood pins) and wrecking a JDM aluminum hood and busting the windshield. >
default_smile.png

Tyler

Yeah, ouch .. haha

Well I had no WD40 so, I wiggled it a bit and it seems to be fine now ... guess I'm picking me up a can of it. Thanks a lot, Problem solved!!
default_smile.png

mikebike357

Happened again this morning to me... driving quickly in a straight line >
default_frown.gif
the hood unlatched. EEch! Almost pooped myself. Will apply WD-40 when I get home!!!

mikebike357

nothing like having a nice, open stretch of road with no traffic and saying to yourself "ok... turn up the volume on teh radar detector, i'm gonna open her up!"

J

junkyardgabe

i usaully hose mine down with brake clean and work it for a few time and the douse it with some white lithium grease

Latest posts

Back