How to Fix Your xbox 360 !

Geist

My X360 decided to crap out on me... (Sound but no video, not the red ring.) and if I can't get it fixed up I'm gonna have a handful of really fun games for sale that I'd like to get more than the offensive gamestop trade in values for, while having ya'll not have to spend $45-50 on a frigging used title...

This is all just a feeler at the moment, but I figured I'd stir any interest up that I could... PM me or get me on AIM (GeistSR)

The first "Package" I'd be selling would be the music games, only selling them together, as they're pointless w/o the instruments:

Guitar Hero 3

Rock Band 1 & 2

with 2 Guitars (Rockband 2 stratocaster, Guitar Hero's Les Paul), 2 Drum Sets and 2 Mics

Dead Rising

Bioshock (Special Edition, comes w/ "Big Daddy" statue)

Grand Theft Auto IV (Special Edition, comes in a bank box)

Gears of War 1 and 2, both special editions in Metal tins

Halo 1,2,3... metal tinned versions for 2 and 3

DiRT

GRiD

Skate

Call of Duty: World @ War

no set pricing, but don't waste my time w/ $10 offers please!

Geist

bahhhh, I accidentally put this in normal for sale, can a mod please move it on over to non-automotive please!? Thanks!

Jimbo

Nah, let him jump from xBox over to PS3 with all us cool kids
default_smile.png

Geist

Yeah, I've been reading up on it online, it's definitley the GPU failing...

There's a way to fix it I'm going to try out, since it's out of warranty anyways, but I've got little hope.

There was a time when I would have defended Xbox, because they had more games I wanna play, but now ps3's been out long enough that I'm going back to my roots... Killzone2, Disgaea3, God of War 3, Final Fantasy 13? I have to get one anyways. :thumbsup:

I'm not a fanboy on either end of the war, but it's looking like PS3 is my future.

I'm actually a PC gamer at heart, haha, PC > All. Gotta have some console now and then, though, right? :angel12:

Oh oh, also... A little on the far fetched side, but i'm also down for trading games and stuff for car stuff and/or tools...

I know it won't happen, but I'll put it on the table.
default_smile.png

Geist

Probably in the low-mid 20's if I end up selling it...

I ordered the "Kit" to fix my xbox tonight, so I should have it early in the week, and I'll let ya'll know the outcome!

Geist

Whaaaaaaaaat....

I'm absolutely astonished that the "fix kit" actually ended up fixing my xbox!

Sorry to have given up any hopes! (doubt it)

Xbox is back up and running!

If any of you ever get the red ring of death or lose your video, by all means, try this before tossing it out. (if you're out of warranty.)

Geist

Update!!!

When my xbox had it's problems, I didn't get the red ring of death, but the problem fixed it...

Ironically (and unsuprisingly) enough, a few weeks after, my friend's Xbox got the RROD!!!!

I bought the kit again, and just finished it up, and it's working again!

Real life testimonial! Don't throw your xbox away for being a paperweight.

Geist

Definitely! Me too man... I'm just suprised it's such an easy fix, and disgusted that M$ has let something so simple slide for so long at the costs of their loyal customers...

Latest posts

Back