How to make a Smart car less safe: Buy the Chinese copy of it.

Evan

smart-vs-chinese_smart.jpg

looks like a steel tube frame with a fiberglass shell dropped on top. should be about as safe as a golf cart.

http://jalopnik.com/371517/take-a-look-inside-a-chinese-smart-fourtwo-cloning-factory

found it here:

http://indianautosblog.com/2008/07/chinese-are-the-best-xerox-machines-in-the-world

diabloadsit

lol, smart cars my ass. have you guys ever looked at the prices on the stupid car. on a fully decked out one. That means power windows and locks with an A/C. The damn thing runs around $19k. LOL, what a joke. Who in there right mind would pay $19,000 for a car that you cant put crap in, has no power, only gets like 35 mpg, and will die more than likely if you are rear ended. Oh wait the hippy tree huggers that don't know any better and think they look cool in a douch car. I would rather spend $19k on a Jetta TDi get 50 mpg have 140 hp and almost 300 ft lbs of torque. Sorry for the rant guys but I hate with a passion Hybrid cars and these stupid ass cars that shouldn't even have been though of.

Turbo Diesals for the F'in win.! Awsome gas milage and crap tons of torque.

Impreza05

They could import them so the lazies would have something to use at dum-mart and leave the handicapped rigs for the folks that actually need them.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
you know sube is ahead of the curve when a 1967 360 gone extinct has been here done it, and faster and safer than the smart. I bet they go stupid to mention "boxer" and "two stroke", over the "other" sube immortalized, and gangstad up on.

Mighty Subie

a turboed diesel engine is the way to go anyway. My old man has a F350 with a 7.3L in it and that gets 17mpg in the winter when he's letting it idle a lot and commuting into the woods (he's a logger in the winter) and it gets 20 on the highway. The best part is that it gets 20 while empty or towing!

diabloadsit

I like the new VW TDI HUGE MPG!
I know the car acutally looks good and gets massive mpg. I just dont understand why people buy stupid hybrids. Spend the same money get a car that looks better, has just as good mpg, had TONS of more power, and doest sound like you are pushing air threw a straw when you are driving down the road.

Kristof

Banned
any tree hugging hippie who guys this car so peopel can think they are cool and care about their " carbon footprint" should dye in a crash for being stupid enough to buy one

diabloadsit

Hey guys I was wrong about the price. I fully deck out smart will run your $19,500. If you get the convert one which just come out it will run your $22,100. LOL what a rip off. Now you can buy a bar min. one but this will only net you: Read Careful here guys

For $12,500 you get a car that has got none of the following

1) No AC

2) No car alarm

3) No power steering

4) No radio

Also, I was wrong about the mpg. You get a whopping 1.0 liter motor that puts out 70 hp and gets you 40 mpg on the highway.

Ohh, did I mention you are required to run Premium gas in the car.

Or you can spend $23,000 and get a Jetta TDi and have a car that has all the above standard have 140hp and almost 300 ft lbs of torque. And not die in a crash. Plus, you get the same mpgs.

By the way Cardirect.com was used for all info and pricing. Both cars are running higher than there MSRP because of avaibalbility.

i-wagon

too bad the granolas won't drive a diesel because the're "bad for the environment" they should see the trucks at work smoke on startup:lol:

diabloadsit

thing is with the new bio diesals they run so damn clean its crazy.

The really crazy thing is if you go to Europe you will see damn near no hybrid cars. Cause they are smart enough to know over there that

1) turbo bio diesal is the way to go for performance

2) better gas milage

3) Cost

Meyagi

I'm a hack
my 92 civic with 322k gets 55mpg and you stand half a chance or survival in an accident. smart cars are stupid and useless.

Unless you put a 'Busa motor in it.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
i need a shifter cart chassis to put this R1 motor in i have laying around if anyone comes across one. 157hp should be enough for a go cart.

Latest posts

Back