How wide are everyones' tires?

Evan

Do i win?
default_additional_sillylol.gif

23513_119638708046586_100000013716098_324445_2505829_n.jpg

Meyagi

I'm a hack
what size/offset rims you putting those on?

edit: by size im referring to width, just to clarify so some smart guy doesn't have tpo say "it says 18 on the tire!"

patsti

NitrousFed
I got ya beat... but nice! when my car gets back from the shop it is getting the 285 30 18 that are sitting under the steps at my friends.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
sillytire-1.jpg

big width. offset has plenty of room.. the sube has been the same for 25 years now...(shhh don't tell anyone)..lack of real wheels does a lot in.

the footprint in the rain is even sillier than a corvette.. enjoy the looks. Kids and the unkowing will enjoy it...
default_smile.png

Evan

i'm not entirely sure what that post means, but believe me, 9" wheels dont fit on many subarus. i put them on my girlfriends old GC8 before she sold it and it was within a hair of rubbing on the suspension and was sticking outside the car on the outside. the stock fenders would have also would have also come straight down on my tread in stock form as well. i hear the 08+ sti has a lot of room though, and theres a little more room under the blob eye/hawk eye body. maybe some of the real old school models that you're partial to have more room as well?

i took some pics last night, i'll make a gallery thread sometime tomorrow.

patsti

NitrousFed
i'm not entirely sure what that post means, but believe me, 9" wheels dont fit on many subarus. i put them on my girlfriends old GC8 before she sold it and it was within a hair of rubbing on the suspension and was sticking outside the car on the outside. the stock fenders would have also would have also come straight down on my tread in stock form as well. i hear the 08+ sti has a lot of room though, and theres a little more room under the blob eye/hawk eye body. maybe some of the real old school models that you're partial to have more room as well?
I think he was trying to say it is a bad idea... by the kids and unknowing will enjoy it statement. I am sure your car will handle just fine in the rain, def better then stock.

It looks good. I bet that thing grips!

Evan

thanks pat. still not sure what that graphic is for but, yes, they are basically stock rolling diameter. speedo is off by 1mph on the highway, but it read low anyway so now its back to being correct
default_additional_sillylol.gif

it hasnt rained hard since i got them on friday, but its been great so far on the wet roads and in the drizzle. i took the yarmouth main st to rt 1 south on-ramp at about 50-55 (by the end) and at full throttle (wet road). it got a little loose when i crested from the uphill ramp to the flat rt 1 section, but not bad. just not 100% stuck to the road like it has been everywhere else. i'm sure stock tires would have given up half way up the ramp and blown the car into the other lane when i crested the top of the ramp.

hard 90deg turns in the city are nice because i dont need to slow down before i corner anymore
default_tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Stein

Stein
^ I love that on-ramp. I once did it fast enough that my puny little tires let me slip over a lane. I always make sure that both lanes are empty before trying anyway.

RJS5689

Just roll the fenders. I know plenty of LGT guys running 9-9.5" wheels just fine.

Latest posts

Back