I crave more powahh (opinions wanted!)

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
05 obxt is the vehicle, current go fast mods are sti u.p, cobb catted d.p, k&n panel filter, and A.P stg 2.

as the title implys, I want more power. How would you boost nuts go about acheiving that? I want to keep the stock turbo mind you, at least for now.

My thoughts were a higher flowing fuel pump, injectors (someones sti takeoffs mabey?), intercooler and then a trip to g.s.d for a meatier tune.

Any input is welcomed, thanks doodz

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Upgrading injectors and the fuel pump is for adding more fuel to the engine. If you add more fuel, but not more air, you won't get any extra power.

That means you have to add more air as well. The only way to do that is to get a bigger turbo.

Also, K&N air filters suck. Get a stock one.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
if you want to keep stock turbo, then get a stroker kit with high compression pistons, higher flowing head with bigger valves and titanium springs.

But if you did that you're turbo would most likely be a restriction at that point.....get a bigger turbo, vf-52 as dan says, comes off of 09+ wrx and is a direct bolt on. Then you would need to get bigger injectors and fuel pump and a tune

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
Appreciating the feedback. Dan, im suprised your comment wast "screw power, suspention/ team-o if you wanna go faster"
default_tongue.png

Anyways, im by no means a tuning expert so bear with me. If I had upgraded injectors and a better pump, obviously the motor would be able to get more fuel.. but with an upgraded intercooler, and possibly a cold air intake, wouldent that (theoretically) much cooler more oxygen rich intake charge play some part in how much fuel the motor could efficiently burn? at least make a big enough difference so that a few (mabey more) ponies could be unleashed with a different tune?

edit: took so long typing this I didnt get to see justins comment. Direct bolt on? Im only trying to stay away from replacing the turbo for $ reasons. If I could get away with injectors, pump, I.C (need one anyways), and a tune for more power and NOT have to replace the turbo than SWEET! But ill start looking into a turbo change

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
It won't make a big enough difference to warrant getting a custom tune for it. The stock intake is a cold air intake, as there's noting but money wasting in buying a fancy chrome thing.

SUBARUDE

Seeing some of the places will goes with that outback I doubt you car would last a week nate LOL

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
1. You asked for more power, I told you how to get more power.

2. Pretty sure a dude with a lifted outback wagon isn't interested in turning better.
Haha I was just kiddin, every time you've said that I recall it was to someone with an n/a so its completely justifyable.

Seeing some of the places will goes with that outback I doubt you car would last a week nate LOL
After realizing a unibody with 227k on the clock probably doesn't appreciate my offroad adventures as well as I was envisioning I kinda slowed down with my "expiditions" beleive it or not
default_tongue.png

Sell your car... Buy mine.. Enjoy.
In a perfect world my money would already be in your pocket, and your keys in mine.

Latest posts

Back