I got lucky...

KTurner

Very lucky, one of those with out this the car goes nowhere. so:

Got a shiny new bushing to get rid of the slop in the steering rack on my 900. Didn't want to pony up the $200 for the aluminum rack brace. Installation should only take about 20mins or so since there are only two bolts and you don't need an alignment afterwards and the bolts are easy to get to.

P3211394.jpg

One of the bolts, correction pressed stud in a can't even get to it with a right angle drill, broke

P3221395.jpg

Had to go in from the back

P3221396.jpg

Got it drilled out with the POS black and decker drill set I have. Take a look at where the hole is though, here is the lucky part, had the mount been an inch towards the drivers side it would have been behind the heater box!!

P3221397.jpg

new bolt in:

P3221398.jpg

Hurray!

P3221399.jpg

I will now stop bitching about how crappy subie hardware is and how I'd rather work on an old SAAB.

akinaspeedstar

looks like a Ng900. loved and hated my old one. working on a saab is not like working on a subaru. subaru you take old parts off and put new parts on. pretty straight forward if not easy. working on a saab is more joining in the saab experience, and if any actual work gets done to the car... so much the better
default_biggrin.png

KTurner

it's a '97 900s. also have a 01 9-3 hot and an old spg. they are al pretty easy to work on. The 9-3 is basically the same thing as the 900 which is nice. I would say that the Impreza is easier to work on but the hardware just doesn't cooperate sometimes (ie weldnuts and exhaust studs).

Latest posts

Back