I need some help guys!!!

Patrick

Ok I'm having a little bit of a problem and I can't figure it out i'm still fairly new to subies On my 2006 STi when I first took delivery it was pushing a lot more boost, i dunno how the stock gauge reads but the needle use to go two bars past the .1 mark i;m guessing that's 12 lbs of boost, the car would pull pretty good even in 5th gear if i pushed it to the floor, now what happend is i left my car with a friend for about two weeks while i was on training for the military, i come back to get it and now when i floor it its only going to two bars past the .05 mark :-( my car use to have a cobb access port but the previous owner took it out when he traded the car in, now that 12lbs of boost, was that being pumped through the engine because of what the access port did to the ecu and now my ecu has gone back to a stock map fineally??? OR do i have a boost leak, someone please help me.....
default_additional_popcorn.gif

Patrick

Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure what the stock boost is suppose to be on a STi???

Redline

I always thought the STI pushed around 14psi for stock boost - I remember reading "atmospheric pressure" somewhere, which is like 14.6something according to Wikipedia.

But, I don't do turbo's, so I most likely am wrong... lol.

Patrick

crap in that case I'm definitely not getting the amount of boost that I should......
default_additional_popcorn.gif
I wonder what could be causing that

Redline

Like I said:

I don't do turbo's, so I most likely am wrong... lol.
I would wait for someone else to chime in.

Either way, it's safe to assume at this point that you're experiencing some sort of problem.

1.) You need a new tune.

2.) You have a boost leak.

3.) Something's no working right and needs to be looked at.

Simply, if your car is not operating like it did before, then something happened.

Did you friend own up to anything yet? It's a little too coincidental that it happened while you were away.

jwebsta32

yeah im pretty sure its around 14.5. A couple weeks ago my car which is supposed to be running 23lbs wasn't even getting close to 10lbs and I was like wtf mate. After some extensive detective work I had found that the line going from my BPV to my boost gauge was severed. So a good vacuum line check wouldn't be a bad idea to start with.

Trevor723

If you have the stock 45mm lamco gauge it reads in some retarded denomination.. I think it's mPA? Either way on those gauges .1 = 1 bar = 14.5psi = what everyone else has called stock boost

Trevor723

Do you have a CEL?

As for a diagnosis here's my guess based on your mods, lack of tune, and boost claims:

Your friend was running your car hard, hit boost cut (you've observed over stock boost), the car went into limp mode which means wastegate boost (7psi, or .05 whatevers on your gauge)

Try unplugging your battery for a few minutes to reset the ECU and see if that cures it.

Patrick

Thanks for the help everyone. I did a vacuum line check today and found nothing but i will try resetting the ecu tonight, my friend finally owned up to driving my car extremely hard at one point, he was racing another one of my friends 05 STi, so I'm hoping the resetting will fix the problem.
default_eek.gif

Patrick

Alright I reset the ecu and according to the gauge the boost is back however something seems wrong the car is very sluggish and sputters and when I go to shift gears i loose rpms pretty quick and the car jerks pretty bad when i go to step on the gas again, probable causes????
default_smile.png

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
If your car had a tune and you reset it could of gone back to the factory settings. Need some other guys that have done this to chip in.

Redline

Timing issues perhaps? Bad plug?

You most likely need a tune, but I wouldn't get one until you verified that your engine is mechanically OK. I hate to sound like the sky is falling, but it's possible your friend did some internal damage. If he was redline'ing the thing, maybe he did more than make the turbo go limp...

Patrick

its weird because it just started acting like that the morning after i reset the ecu im thinking maybe it went back to stock and dosnt know how to react to my exhaust system and cold air intake
default_smile.png
Does anyone know if it will "relearn" over time or do i have to get it fully tuned again

Mark

i assume it ran like crap immediately after the reflash? have you driven it for awhile since? it normally has issues immediately after the reflash so the car can learn its new tune

Patrick

yeah it happend right after i reconnected the battery and started her up, i havnt driven it a whole lot just maybe about 2 miles, how long does it useally take to relearn???

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
about 100 or so miles.

you should never get on the car hard after a hard reset on the ECU. it is relearning your elevation and all of the fuel curves from the basemap.

drive her easy for a while and then get on it once you have some good miles on her.

Latest posts

Back