I-wagons frontier

i-wagon

All 5 geolandars went on today and had an alignment. Had one tech (who was working on a gmc) ask "who brings a nissan to a Subaru dealer? " one size taller ended up filing the wheel wells out and it sits 3/4" higher now. The lack of Tire noise is amazing as well. Since that happened I've sold the grabbers, put an offer on a house and listed my motorcycle for sale. Busy day and finishing it with a pumpkinhead

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

R511x4p.jpg

mw4FiCE.jpg

tF8aMhg.jpg

0NIiMXl.jpg

They really filled out the wheel wells a lot. It's enough it doesn't really look obvious it's lifted, but i know if i park next to the stock sv or stock pro4x at work its obvious. Then there's the guy with 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift and 33's.

I noticed today the truck is a bit vague in the corners. But the 17/32's of tread might cause that. They're almost as smooth riding as the p-metric grabbers were in load range c, and more hooked up in gavel and on pavement.

i-wagon

Thanks! I was worried. Guys on club frontier said they looked wimpy on these trucks. But those guys are heavily biased towardthe duratracs

i-wagon

Used the truck pulling a float in of the water at camp then up a steep slope. Once i had a good line she stayed hooked up good. Then this evening i took a newspaper box post (Steel) down the side of the bed. Spent half a hour swearingn ended up hand buffing most of it and it started to fade. Have a buddy coming over later in the week to really buff it n buying touch up paint tomorrow for where i have bare Steel showing. Wicked pissah

i-wagon

My buddy (emr00 or whatever his username was) came over and buffed the minor scratches last night, whole truck got a scrub, wax, and shine. Had to order touch up paint that will be here Monday, and Tuesday I'm picking up half of my exhaust setup I've been contemplating. Not the brand i intended to buy but i can't argue the price.

i-wagon

Nice! I know I suggested it once adjust but definitely check out the Imgur app for photo uploads.
bringing up history now, but imgur is awesome for hosting and the app takes up all my down time at work
I just read this entire thread Start to finish. Not That interesting. But there's 20 guests viewing it right now. Must be bored

i-wagon

After 3 years of looking, we'd finally found a house we both liked, that meet both our criteria. Had another offer on it at the same time, but ours was accepted! So now I'm delaying some things i had planned. Still getting a muffler, debating using a Subaru resonator if somebody wants to get rid of their stock one. May still do towing mirrors but tint is getting delayed for sure. Might end up buying hd front coilovers and a plow by next year

Edit: looks like i might end up with a subi resonator with that muffler. Couldn't tell in pics but I'll know Tuesday

i-wagon

Picking up exhaust stuff tomorrow, house inspection Thursday. If that cat back had a resonator I'll have Subaru footwell leds, partial fender liner and resonator on my nissan. Some might call it sacrilege, i call it recycling

i-wagon

So... on the bright side, i have exhaust stuff. It killed me to do it ,but i paid $65 for a dynomax race bullet to use as a resonator. Not even stainless. But it's all i could find in a short body with 2.5 inch pipe. Only have room for a 14 inch body muffler past the magnaflow, and this is 12inch body. Bought stainless band type clamps too. Just need to weld the 2 mufflers together, cut out the (not so healthy) factory one and weld one hanger on. Maybe Saturday. Or tomorrow night. Idk

i-wagon

So i measured twice cut once (still twice actually) but never test fit the clamps on my existing pipe. So after i was committed i found i couldn't clamp it together. As much as I hated the idea, i welded it all together. It's no Subaru. But it's deep and not stupid loud unless i wind it right up

i-wagon

Bombing through town with the windows down the sound is growing on me. Under load it dies sound good. I was going for more rumble where one bank has 2ft more pipe than the other. If i get ambitious I'll have the woman drive it and get a video

i-wagon

Sounds good!
watching the video on my phone, it lost something in the upload. It really does sound pretty good all the the rpm range but the in cabin drone sucks from 2k-3k. There's plenty of info about branch resonators on clubftontier, might end up doing that. But really, the truck cruises from 1200-1750 mousy of the time, so I'll give it some time before i start welding on it again

i-wagon

Moose hunting isn't going awesome. Trying to plan a resonator build in my head. Owners of the house we looked at aren't giving up. Told then what we want done for work, then offered 70k less than asking price

i-wagon

Little sister got her moose this morning. 512 lb bull. Stood right broadside at about 40 yards, dropped about 30yds off the logging road. Had it field dressed and loaded in under 40 minutes. Guy i work with took 5 hours getting his to his truck Monday so i guess we got lucky. Starting side branch resonator build Friday. Going to drop the whole catback so i can fix a leaky weld i couldn't see when i did the muffler and weld a leaky joint nissan claims is designed to leak. It'll be easier to do the resonator build off the truck anyways. If anyone is interested, side branch is a piece of same diameter pipe coming off the exhaust n in a certain length (calculators available online) that just gets dead ended and sealed up. Supposedly is a place for the sound waves to go and cancel eachother out, and using a glasspack (as I'm going to) helps with sound deadening as well. I love the tone of the truck but the 2-3k rpm range kills me. If the side branch doesn't kill the drone I'm putting the oe muffler back on -.-

i-wagon

Yeah...i did not have the time or money for resonators. When my girl says the truck sounds like a Honda....time to go back to stock. Engine noise with the high flow filter and air box mod make enough pretty sounds.

Latest posts

Back