I was pumping gas...

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
is it just me, or when thinking of casual v8, my past, and it is supposed to be some kind of anti-evolutionary relapse?

My little sube has little details... always checking little things. Not nearly as annoying as my mechanical fingers tapping at a keyboard, but I do get caught up in some chores.

I am at irving broadway, where the highway ramp wraps the store lot. puming in.. you may have guessed ... 2 gallons for the next 100 miles of local chores.

I hear this bellow almost as loud as the sirens, long before the flashing lights...I could hear the wind of 3600 pounds american... hardly a slow down at the end of the ramp, an even bigger bellow, a slide you may see on dukes of hazrd reruns, and in less than 5 seconds gone after the echo of going under the bridge they just crossed.

I immediately flashback to being that large. A 1st gear tall enough to climb into 70s mph. No screams, no whistles... a bellow of a primal bass drum and a 650cfm sized horn.

I thumped my little sube about my business..still loving the fuel mileage and slow rpms, but of course in a midgeted beaten world.... and am glad these cars have not been my whole life.

I spotted a 77 caprice landau, for $1k local.. So tempting to not go classic, but treat it like the steel I know it is made out of.

anybody else relate?

Nate

Founding Father
Dude, this is the VIP section. Please tell me this gas pumping story includes a hooker or something.

Carter

Administrator
Dude, this is the VIP section. Please tell me this gas pumping story includes a hooker or something.
default_additional_unamused.gif

Matt

im going to guess that in the passenger seat there was the girl from topless drifting....i was raised on american muscle...first car was an 86 camaro z28, built the motor with my dad, 355 ci , 650 rochester and 3 inchs bellowing out the back and it was fun but not nearly as fun as the rs, yes its slower but it handles like a go cart compared that old thing.....currently building a 68 camaro , 396 ci and hotchkins all around....hopefully this will be the best of both worlds!!!

Latest posts

Back