IAC Valve for 09 STi

dexter129

Got a check engine light for the IACV and I'm looking to see if anyone has one kicking around that they'd be willing to sell? The number is (207)699-8819. Text me if you have something. Not really trying to spend a lot of money because I don't have much of it so be nice with the price please. Thanks. 

smelt240

Have you tried pulling it off and cleaning it?  I had the same problem on my 04.  It took me 4 or 5 tries to finally get it good and clean and no more CEL, youll need a box of Q tips, toothpicks and a can or 2 of electrical cleaner.  If they stayed the same, you should get a new O ring seal beforehand, mine was swelled up, and didn't want to reinstall very easy.  It took me half an hour or so to pull it each time, the key is to really clean the black gunk out of the part that turns inside. It looks like a razor edge when its clean. You should be able to find a write up on the whole process easy enough. Saved me a bunch of cash...

smelt240

Def worth a try.  Like I said, it took me a few attempts.   It needs to be doctors office clean, and its really hard to see in there where it tends to gunk up.   Let me know if you run into any troubles with it. All I run into is trouble working on these things, then I figure it out in the end.  

Latest posts

Back