Imprezah's 03 TS

Imprezah

Well, I started hunting for a white, bugeye, 5-speed, wagon about 4 months ago. I almost settled for a nice white 98 L wagon, but luckily I walked away from it after putting my hand into a hole in the rocker panel. Good thing because a week later I spotted an online listing for the car I wanted. It was traded into a ford dealership in White River Vermont and was about to be sent to the wholesaler. The salesman was super helpful by taking lots of pics and e-mailing them to me. I took a bus to Vermont on Saturday and drove home in this!

4cb3dcae-677d-3355.jpg

The body is in great shape, just typical quarter panel rust and scrapes on the bumpers. The engine has a pretty loud tick from piston slap which I hear is common for this year. I'll get a new short block in this thing as soon as I find one.

4cb3dcae-69ab-07a0.jpg

My goals for this car are...

-looking awesome

-comfortable daily driver

-good on gas

4cb3dcae-69ed-92af.jpg

4cb3dcae-6a00-2d41.jpg

4cb3dcae-6a11-0ee2.jpg

Current mods

-black housing headlights

-pink I badge

-carbon side markers

-jna front lip

-prodrive p1 rims 17x7 gold

-04 kyb excel-g wagon struts

-04 forester XT tophats

-04 M2 springs

-oem leather shift knob

Last edited by a moderator:

HR radness

His royal radness
Joe, did you still want me to take those springs back or did you make them work? I never heard back from you and I am coming thru portland sunday evening

Imprezah

Here are some recent pics of the TS.

tsgold.jpg

-blacked out headlights

-pink "I" badge

-carbon side markers

-JNA front lip

-Prodive P1 rims 17" and painted Duplicolor gold (I had them sandblasted because they were bright green when I bought them.

tsside.jpg

tsfront.jpg

I still need to install the new KYB struts and M2 springs that are sitting in the trunk.

Imprezah

Wow... I haven't updated this in a while. Too busy having kids and buying a house.

Turns out the tick has been a valve noise and not engine knock. That's good news as I've put 13k without any issues on the car since buying it.

Here it is with 18" formula mesh, new kyb struts, M2 lowering springs, 3/8" saggy butt spacers, and JNA front lip.

pyzuna8a.jpg

I'm really happy with the ride quality of the struts/springs. Not harsh or bouncy, just a bit stiffer than stock and eliminated wheel gap just the way I wanted.

And here's one with my VF39'd FXT

mepe8aje.jpg

I've also put on shifter bushings, SS shifter, and a wrx RSB.

Imprezah

I'm really happy with the trailer. It is very inexpensive and is a bolt together design rated for 2000lb and you have to build your own deck and sides. But the quality and fit were excellent during assembly. Even the instructions were understandable and written in English! And I too am impressed with how well the torquey ej25 tows.

Imprezah

Hit 200k today!

ebetuqam.jpg

Took a picture during lunch.

quhehu2u.jpg

To celebrate the mileage, I'm gonna buy a mig welder, learn how to use it, and properly repair the rear quarter rust so this thing stays alive.

Imprezah

It wasn't stopping so well.

sezu2ehy.jpg

The drivers side slide pins were seized, and so the caliper wasn't applying any clamping force. This left the passenger side to do all the work. Once I started hearing the terrible metal on metal squealing I knew I needed new pads... But I'm a procrastinator. Everything is better now. New pads and slide pins. And stuff for rear drum-to-disk conversion lined up.

Imprezah

I did the wallet lightening mod today. A trip to subarude's place for disc brakes and turbo bits, a stop at harbor freight, and a bottle of mig gas.

eda5yvah.jpg

Latest posts

Back