Inconsistent Boost levels

RedForester08

Stock tune. Was able to hit 13.48lbs twice in third. about 5200 rpms. but not always. sometimes it pulls real good and sometimes not. boost levels in third same test and 10-12lbs boost.  Possibly just a lazy boost controller solenoid. If it had a vacuum leak it would not ever pull those levels? Maybe ? I'm new to the Turbo car. no codes or pending codes. 93 octane. Data done with a married Cobb Access port. 

Thanks

Jim

Forgot to add

2004 WRX 96k miles 5 MT all stock but an axle back

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiller1327

I would say look around the boost solenoid lines that run to the turbo for small leaks. I had a small leak on the wastgate line and I could still boost 15 pounds. If no leaks found I have a stock boost solenoid that u could have and see if that fixes it

RedForester08

I would say look around the boost solenoid lines that run to the turbo for small leaks. I had a small leak on the wastgate line and I could still boost 15 pounds. If no leaks found I have a stock boost solenoid that u could have and see if that fixes it
I looked at all the lines. they all looked good. Any proper way to test for leaks? Should stock boost level be more consistent? Swapping out the boost solenoid sounds like a good test for sure.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
If you don't want to travel to Wiscassett, I'll have a stock 02' wrx boost control solenoid you can try out after I get tuned Friday.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I have the stock boost control solenoid for you if you want to try it out tomorrow Jim. Just PM or have Tyler txt me if you want.

dsmith

i've noticed a similar problem in both my 2005 wrx and my 2007 forester xt. kind of steps or pulses in boost. never figured out the problem.

Latest posts

Back