Independent mechanics in Bangor area???

CHIWI

Hi everyone:

New member that has recently moved to Bangor area with '93 Legacy (258k) and '98 Outback Sw (214k). Looking for reliable Subaru mechanic in this area. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Welcome to the club...there are a bunch of members in the Bangor area, I'm sure you'll find something.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I went on my own a long time ago,

but there is a garage on center street,bangor, small place, guy even swaps engines in the middle of this residential neighborhood. I see a sube for sale there now, and he does get them often, some not even running, towed in. Definately an independent..seems 3 older mechanics doing it all.

edit: if you are modified in anyway it may not be a good idea, but if all factory, should be no problems. I think they may be old enough to forget what a 1987 sube is, I had a real hard time, and even sarcastic remarks about my ten geared "tractor trailer" sube.. but the dainty legacy and onward seems they have a good place for them.

imagine if I mentioned factory carburator and solid tappets...oh my..

Last edited by a moderator:

ReZPunK

I have just the man for your work...

his name is Larry Beal and his is in ellsworth.

he was a factory subie tech for 20 years now running his own shop and specializing in Subarus for over 25 years.

he is located at 192 Christian Ridge Road, Ellsworth on the corner of christian ridge and red bridge road.

his shop phone number is 207 667 3216

i HIGHLY recommend him for his work and prices. one thing is, he likes to start work at 5 am and be done by 1 or 2 pm. so you MAY have to leave the car there the day before.

he did a tranny swap for me for 180 bucks. with all fluids and stuff replaced total was like 260 on the whole job. if it needs parts he calls Stanley Subaru and gets them there. he is worth the drive to ellsworth.

Mr. Poon

I go by that guy all the time, didn't realize you knew him. Best auto repair place around, IMO, is K&B Auto in Ellsworth. On the Surry Rd- 667-3706. None better than Brett.

JoshP

Ive heard a lot of bad stories about this Larry Beal character. I would stay away personally.

ReZPunK

well that can be said about most mechanics really. i will take 3 really good experiences over a bad story any day.

he has done a tranny swap for under 300 for me

strut swap for 100 bucks for me

a rear hub swap for my brother for cheap

tranny swap for my brother for under 300

and he does know his way around a subaru.

to each their own really..

some people think all VIP's are the devil, for the most part they are right, but the one here in Old town does all my gravel tire mounting for cheap.

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Yeah.. I can Vouch for Beal.. He's done me no wrong.. and has done great work for me!! planning on going back to finish up my Rear Suspension failure fix... heh

Another place I'd recommend is Mike Car Care in Old Town.. He's my Goto Man in a pinch..

Latest posts

Back