Inski or Vinnie or anyone at a dealership, help me out with this one

Evan

make sure you get the $80 refunded too, that wasnt needed if you told them the problem and its a known issue. it would have been documented if it had been fixed in the past.

R

rallyXcramps

tell them its giving you headaches and you are concerned about a fire.

Subaru is going to try to negociate a price with you.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
It's like anything. Cars break. Try going into a GM dealer with 37k miles with worn out front wheel bearings and they'll tell you to pound sand. It isn't going to cause a fire, it is just smelly fumes. The rubber hose shrank. Just like gaskets deterioate, brakes wear out, and bulbs burn. They just know how to fix it and they are helping people diagnosis it by sharing the info. If your fuel lines rusted out, should they fix that too?

Tony Q

It's like anything. Cars break. Try going into a GM dealer with 37k miles with worn out front wheel bearings and they'll tell you to pound sand. It isn't going to cause a fire, it is just smelly fumes. The rubber hose shrank. Just like gaskets deterioate, brakes wear out, and bulbs burn. They just know how to fix it and they are helping people diagnosis it by sharing the info.

Evan

It's like anything. Cars break. Try going into a GM dealer with 37k miles with worn out front wheel bearings and they'll tell you to pound sand. It isn't going to cause a fire, it is just smelly fumes. The rubber hose shrank. Just like gaskets deterioate, brakes wear out, and bulbs burn. They just know how to fix it and they are helping people diagnosis it by sharing the info. If your fuel lines rusted out, should they fix that too?
the difference is that those are all wear items and the piece we're talking about isn't, its just a poor and unsafe design. wheel bearings wear when you drive, gaskets deteriorate from age, brakes wear from stopping, bulbs burn from hours of use, fuel lines rust from moisture and age. a fuel line that was made too short was too short from the factory and is still too short to this day. even if the car is 1 day old or 20 years old, it still has the same problem.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
I see what your saying. But you gotta realize, it's not a safety, reliability, or driveability issue. It's just annoying. like a rattle. If customers aren't willing to pony up for the repairs, why should Subaru? It's not free for them. Subaru pays retail for the parts and labor. They pay more than you guys would.

I hope I didn't come across as a prick, cause I didn't mean it that way. Just look at it from Subaru's side. If it was a safety issue, they'd have a recall. Annoying problems? They got bigger fish to fry.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I didn't realize dumping fuel on the top of a motor directly next to a turbo wasn't a safety issue

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
I doesn't puddle, it's just vapors. And I know what you're thinking, vapors are more flamable, but this is a well ventilated area. I haven't heard of any cars bursting into flames because of it.

Would I want to pay to have this fixed? No. And I'm not. I'm just gonna live with it until I have to pull my intake for something else, like crinkle coating it blue.
default_smile.png

I have seen Subaru go above and beyond when it comes to taking care of customers. They just draw the line with this one.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
This is what they responded:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for your message. I am sorry to learn of the difficulty you are experiencing with your Subaru and I understand your frustration.

The 5/60 Powertrain Warranty, just like other vehicle manufacturers, covers the mechanical components of the engine, transmission, and drivetrain. Sensors, belts, hoses, wiring, and peripherals are covered only under the 3/36 Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty, even though they are 'connected' to the engine, they are not mechanical components. This is the standard industry accepted powertrain coverage.

Technical Service Bulletins are not an indication that every vehicle will experience the condition described, nor are they safety related, which is why they are not treated as Recalls or Service Campaigns. They are merely revised and standardized repair procedures that our Technical Support team develops as the result of their experience with our service technicians. This way, whenever a dealer comes across this concern there is a firmly established repair procedure that is easily interpreted.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has extensively investigated this issue along with Subaru of America, Inc. and determined that this concern poses no safety risk and to date there have been no reported injuries or fires as a result of this concern.

Any goodwill assistance towards the repair would be at the discretion of the Service Manager at your Subaru dealer. The dealers are responsible for making these decisions since they are able to see/diagnose/repair your vehicle in-person, are our technical experts in the field, and have access to your maintenance/service history. If needed, the Service Manager can call upon his local Subaru District Service Manager (Factory Representative) to seek assistance and/or technical support. They would base the decision on the vehicle age, mileage, condition, ownership history, nature of the problem, and the maintenance history.

Subaru of America is committed to continue to monitor the issue described in this TSB and should the situation change based on new information, you would be notified by mail if a recall or service campaign is issued. If at that time you have already paid for repairs, without question, you would be entitled to a full reimbursement. Subaru has always taken a very proactive approach to any customer concerns that meet the criteria for a recall or service campaign.

We suggest that if you have an issue at this time, please allow your Subaru dealership Service Manager to get involved. They are in the best position to evaluate a problem. If you can provide me with the name of the dealership I will contact the Service Manager at the dealership to further investigate your concerns and provide them with any guidance they may need.

Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience you may be encountering. If you have any additional questions, you can call me anytime during our business hours at 1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783). Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to address this matter.

Best wishes,

Samir Hasan

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

Case #826364

-----------------------------------------------------------

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
hell, Mighty, just buy the parts and dooo eeet..

Oh and joel, don't you need to remove the intake manni for that jorb?

R

rallyXcramps

Its an emmissions problem too. Raw hydrocarbons being released into the atmosphere. Its that against the law on California emmision cars?

1. Health problem

2. Fire Danger, what if you need to jump start your car and sparks occured?

3. Breaking Federal Emission Laws.

Sounds unsafe to me.

R

rallyXcramps

Samir Hasan

Subaru of America, Inc.

Customer/Dealer Services Department

Case #826364
Hey, I know this guy. I'll see what I can do.

R

rallyXcramps

No, 80,000 or maybe its 88,000...and I think that's only cat-converters. All manufacturers are required by the Feds to cover the cats that long.

I didn't know Mighty's car had so many miles, but I'm still gonna contact Mr.Hasan.

Latest posts

Back