inspection sticker questions?

STI KID

hey everyone out there in subaru land. so im getting my car inspected at eg this weekend..and i have a couple questions/concerns. when i bought it, it already had a sticker on it. so i have not actually gotten this inspected in maine.So anyways, the questions concerns. 1) I have 18''(summer) wheels on my car will this cause me to fail? do i need to put my 17'' winters on before i take it in? 2) my exhaust its not to loud (greddy evo2) but also have catted Dp and Sti UP will this cause me to fail? i know there are people out there with greater knowledge than I when i come to this so i decided to ask before i take and there and FAIL.
default_banana.gif
thanks eveyone.

i-wagon

wheels and tires shouldn't matter. the manual says you have 3 sizes play in every direction. if it isn't ear shattering, you may be ok, but you need all the cats on it that came on it from that factory. so basically, you may be ok

i-wagon

i have an exhaust on mine, and it isn't "quiet" but half the volume of your average civic. i passed at eg. but yeah, no leaks good tread and all lights working are a must

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I passed with my RE01R's. They're a smurfs asshair away from the wear bar. As long as your car isn't a deathbox and you're smart enough to check your tires and all your lights, you'll probably pass.

Matt

considering its 2/32 of tread to pass most tires will be fine unless they look like racing slicks......

Subysaurus Rex

hopefully they won't be stupid about that new exhaust law. anything louder than stock is technically illegal now. damn you harleys ruining everyones funnnn

04fxt

hopefully they won't be stupid about that new exhaust law. anything louder than stock is technically illegal now. damn you harleys ruining everyones funnnn
nope. it still states that less than 95 decibels is legal. the last exemption in the exhaust law section states that you are EXEMPT from sections 1 and 3 IF your exhaust is less than 95 decibels(as tested using the sae standards). this does NOT apply to bikes, they are still effed... lol

I've stickered a bunch of exhausted vehicles since the law changed and haven't had an issue. I also talked to the state. twice.

Just use your head and don't drive like a dub, especially if some guy is nice enough to sticker your car with exhaust on it...

STI KID

ya i dont drive like a dummy
default_wink.png
i gotta go back to evergreen this weekend. cuz i failed...not for exhaust..but ebrake cable was goneeeee but they ordered the part for me. gettin it did/passin my inspecton this weekend.

Latest posts

Back