Install Help

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Hey there everyone, I don't have access to a lift anymore, and I have a bunch of bushings and mounts that I want to install, and was wondering if anyone was interested in helping out. I'm free most weekends, I will provide pizza and the adult beverage of your choice for the assisstance. I just would like to get this stuff done before summer, when I'm too busy attending BBq's, and jumping out of trees into the water to want to turn a wrench!
default_smile.png

Parts that need to be installed:

-F+R shifter bushings

-Trans mount + x.member bushings

-Rear subframe lockdown bolts

-Rear subframe bushings

-Hella super bro tones as Dan calls them lol

Misc. other stuff, most of which I can do. Any help is greatly appreciated, Dan the man was going to help my sorry ass, but he's too busy "rally car"ing, and I respect that.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
eeew, rear subframe bushings are a major PITA job. just so ya know!

probablyt easier just to replace whole subframe with new than to retrofit old rustbucket with replacement bushings. If you do decide to update the old subframe, prepare to do a whole lota torching, pounding, hacking, swearing.

did I mention that this particular job sucks, bucause it really really does.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
eeew, rear subframe bushings are a major PITA job. just so ya know!

probablyt easier just to replace whole subframe with new than to retrofit old rustbucket with replacement bushings. If you do decide to update the old subframe, prepare to do a whole lota torching, pounding, hacking, swearing.

did I mention that this particular job sucks, bucause it really really does.
Yes, I know lol, this is why I posted asking for help. This little RS doesn't have any rust on the plus side...

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
you will need a 10-ton press and a bunch of different size sockets to press out old bushes and press in new ones. (and approx 21 gallons of PB Blaster to get things apart bofore you get to pressing-out stage)

Last edited by a moderator:

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
All of you negative nancies can go away, it's going to get done one way or another and Mike is already helping with other engine related things.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
job is well worth doing, you won't believe difference in the car afterward. look also at replacing bushings on trailing arms, esp the big ones at front end of trailing arms--this makes the car so crisp on/off power you'll love it. quick lift and the car starts to rotate, boom.

and just think of all the excellent fussin' n cussin' you'll get out of the job!

KamB

Kam Berry
Where did u get the shifter bushings?

I need some. Bad. Mystery shift and the trannys already out so it would be stupid not to do it now....

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
TiC or Rally Sport Direct have just about everything you need.

You may want to consider the shifter linkage update also while your doing it.

Latest posts

Back