intake

Ty Ty

Stock airbox is more than sufficient. Open it up and remove the silencer if you want to hear more wooshing.

GClark

DOOOOD STOP MAKING SO MANY THREADS. GO BACK TO YOUR OLD ONE AND REPLY IN THERE. ALSO. COMPLETE SENTENCES WITH PUNCTUATION AND CAPITALIZATION IS A MUST.

I know your new, so learn quickly.

TheSoundMan

I have to agree.......That is a lot of threads....and how about a slight inclination as to what the thread is about in the spot called SUBJECT.

GClark

Deep breaths Garrett....
HeadExplode.gif

Nate

Founding Father
Hey man welcome! I merged this thread with your old thread you started a couple days ago. I ask that you don't start two threads for the same topic. Also be mindful of the forum section that you're posting in. You have threads all over the place in areas that shouldn't be in.

Thanks.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
what type of intake should I get short ram air or cold air?????
Dont bother with an intake at all. Put in a high flow filter and remove the ugly white thing (silencer) in the front right fender for more noise. Intakes dont help at all at your level in fact a lot of them hurt performance.

i-wagon

1: buy k&n panel filter,

2: if rallitek still sells them, get a inner fender silencer delete, makes a smooth elbow connection from front snorkel to airbox

Last edited by a moderator:

05Rex

1: buy k&n panel filter, 2: if rallitek still sells them, get a inner fender silencer delete, makes a smooth elbow connection from front snorkel to airbox
I have done the silencer delete and got a Green panel filter replacement, any suggestions on how to make a smooth elbow connection? I believe right now the snorkel is just dumping into the wheel-well. I am pretty sure it would cut down on the amount of dirt and moisture getting to the filter but would it improve or hurt airflow seeing how it is it is getting air from only the snorkel and not the entire open area of the wheel-well?

05Rex

To re-ask my question in a simpler form, will the smooth elbow connection from the snorkel to the airbox make a difference other then keeping the filter from getting dirty as fast?

Ryan

I'm using the elbow between the ram air scoop and airbox... it does help keep the dirt out of the panel filter some.

05Rex

I'm using the elbow between the ram air scoop and airbox... it does help keep the dirt out of the panel filter some.
Did you notice any difference in performance, good or bad? Just wondering if it would restrict the air and suffocate the car in a sense.

Ryan

It's been on the car since I've had it. How would it restrict air flow? If anything, that stock silencer restricts airflow.

Back