interior help.

STI KID

hey guys. well next week me and my dad are gonne take out all the plastic's inside my new car and was wondering if anyone out there who has already sprayed down the interior could reccomend paint and where i could get it. i want to do jet black and the closest to aspen white i can do. dont really want a cheap paint that's gonna fade/come out tho. looking for good quality.
default_wink.png
thanks guys

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I think the white interior paint is what scaring him. Most people use plasti dip. Comes in a can looks great and has an almost oem feel to it. Very non ricer

Apollyon12

I am with you. Painted interiors almost always come out looking at least a little rice if you change too far away from the factory colors. The blacked out ones i have seen on NASIOC and other places look good, but when people start doing color my butt puckers.

But if you like it, do it. And it seems that most people use the Plastidip. I have used other types, not Plastidip, and you get good results as long as you prep the surface correctly.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Krylon fusion imho is the best paint for plastic stuff works wonders.

Hahah "when people start doing color my butt puckers"

STI KID

haha well its gonna be mostly black with white trim here and there. not going for the ricer look haha. but want it to look nice.

Nicklepage1010

when my friend did his neon (lol) he used brake caliper paint, that **** doesn't come off. But why not just take out the door cards and re wrap them? itll look a lot better than a rattlecan.

chappy

Please, for the sake of your STi....Dont paint the interior. Just leave it alone. You are going to kill its resale and turn it into rice. Just leave it alone....

theimbalance

yes, i said yikes because my first 240 had the interior pieces painted white and I felt it was tasteless and cheesy. Personally, I think there are plenty of other things you could more wisely use your time for. I spent a lot of time trying to find replacement interior pieces that weren't painted or broken. So just think about it first.

But...if that's what gets your goose going, then get on it boss! I'm sorry I've provided no useful information, just an opinion.

STI KID

thanks guys...even opinios are appreciated. i dont really plan on selling the vehicle tho....and i do eventually plan one day on rewrapping the door cards. but not today. haha. well im flying to west va @ 6am. wish me luck guys. will have pics sunday.!

STI KID

so i finally went and got my car its Great i love it more than i thought i would. ill post pics up sometime soon. just gotta wait for this darn rain to stop.

Latest posts

Back