Invidia N1 CBE

NatesBeaulieu

Just wondering what you guys think, considering the "exhaust law" is fairly new. Do you guys think I could get away with this exhaust as long as a watch my throttle and gear when near cops?

Ray

The Northernah'
DO IT! Ive never been hassled up here, and my car was straight-piped for a month!

NatesBeaulieu

DO IT! Ive never been hassled up here, and my car was straight-piped for a month!
Hey thanks for the imput Ray. Long time no see haha. Being in a small town though I hope the FK cops don't give me hell. The N1 is pretty damn loud, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to give it a try. Another thought I have is that I have two cut outs for my exhaust since its a quad tip right now, and the N1 is a sigle tip, so my left side is just gunna be empty. I don't think it will look bad though.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Why the poop would you want a N1 style exhaust? Do you like the look of a melon shooter? Get a Subaru SPT cat-back. They have a clean look, performance, stainless steel, and a bit of class, and doesn't scream "HEY, COP... LOOK AT MY HUGE EXHAUST... I'm UP TO NO GOOD AND I'm GOING TO GO STREET-RACE SOMEONE!!!" I've talked to a few police officers and that is one of the things they look for...big shiny exhausts. It's just my opinion but why waste your money on something that something that you may have to replace because you do get pulled over all time.

wrx09sdnrear1.JPG
VS
ap_ti_exhaust_08_wrx_rearLG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NatesBeaulieu

Why the poop would you want a N1 style exhaust? Do you like the look of a melon shooter? Get a Subaru SPT cat-back. They have a clean look, performance, stainless steel, and a bit of class, and doesn't scream "HEY, COP... LOOK AT MY HUGE EXHAUST... I'm UP TO NO GOOD AND I'm GOING TO GO STREET-RACE SOMEONE!!!" I've talked to a few police officers and that is one of the things they look for...big shiny exhausts. It's just my opinion but why waste your money on something that something that you may have to replace because you do get pulled over all time.

wrx09sdnrear1.JPG
VS
ap_ti_exhaust_08_wrx_rearLG.jpg
I want the n1 style exhaust because it shows the true sound of the wrx. I was considering the Q300 titanium tips, but it isn't loud enough for my liking. The other guy answered my question though, which is that he has a n1 race exhaust + downpipe and doesn't get bothered. That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

skipow

it depends a lot where you live too / cops in the area. if you live in orono/ old town- you're going to get stopped. if you live in a rural area- you're prob better off

skipow

nevermind- saw you live in madtown. you'll prob be fine there as long as you dont drive like a dick

i-wagon

drove by oxford pd with just headers on my car, it's all in how you drive with the exhaust system.

NatesBeaulieu

drvsdwz said:
I love the sound when I open it up though :-D
Yeah I live in madtown and I also work security at the mill which we dispatch for pd, so I have a little advantage with that too. I do go to Orono a couple times a month though cuz theres where my gf goes to school but I'll just becareful down there. I can't wait to get it, I'll be ordering it tomorrow.

skipow

just out of curiosity why?

I lived in orono/old town for 5 years. cops there are THE WORST. not enough crime + 6 police depts withing 4 miles = a lot of cops with not a lot to do except harass college kids

NatesBeaulieu

just out of curiosity why?

I lived in orono/old town for 5 years. cops there are THE WORST. not enough crime + 6 police depts withing 4 miles = a lot of cops with not a lot to do except harass college kids
Why? Because my stock exhaust is way too quiet. Maybe the N1 is too loud, but I'm scared the Invidia Q300 is too quiet. I'll be in the bangor/orono area this weekend, so if anyone has a catback exhaust I could check out I would appreciate it greatly.

dphair05

Nate, I've got the Q300 on my 05 legacy GT and I love the sound of it. I think its pretty damn loud but this is my first subie and haven't heard to many to date.

Latest posts

Back