Invidia q300? Maddad whisper? Borla Hush?

SoMeWRX

Hey guys,

Just to preface this convo, I live in Portland so not having an outrageously loud exhaust is a boon for me. However, I do want the advantages of having a nice, SS built 3" cbe. Driving around with tall buildings on both sides can make a loud exhaust get very annoying IMO (do not challenge me on this, I have two loud cars already, see my sig).

Is anybody else on here running a CBE on the quieter side that has a strong opinion about this? Am I going to be disappointed with how close to stock it sounds?

For the future I also expect to purchase a dp and Cobb AP (if that makes any difference to discussion).

Thanks for any replies!

Dylan

brighton

Rally Fluffer
The maddads are great, but I would not rule out the turboxs stealth back. If you can swing it save you money a bit and look for a used AP and grab a turbo back. I ran that on my stage 2 FSXT with an STI axle back. It really did sound great. Very police friendly. You also hear the turbo spool very nicely. dropping the exhaust to 2.5 at the axle is not lowering enough power were you will feel a different if you only plan to run stage two yourself. CBE is just going to be added noise, you will be happier in the end results if you bolt on at TBE and tune it all at once. You will be smiling for a few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

TiMullen04

All over, Q300 on the car!
Sorry to open up an older thread....

But I bought the same cbe for my 06 wrx because it was supposed to be so quite. I also decided to go with an Injen catted downpipe while I was at it. My car is freaking loud. Almost a little too loud for my liking. Could the downpipe have caused that much more of sound difference? I understand that the more air flowing the greater the noise, but I guess I didn't expect it to be THIS loud. I would love to hear it on your car if I were ever in the Portland area or you were in the Bangor area.

WashmyScooby

Sorry to open up an older thread....

But I bought the same cbe for my 06 wrx because it was supposed to be so quite. I also decided to go with an Injen catted downpipe while I was at it. My car is freaking loud. Almost a little too loud for my liking. Could the downpipe have caused that much more of sound difference? I understand that the more air flowing the greater the noise, but I guess I didn't expect it to be THIS loud. I would love to hear it on your car if I were ever in the Portland area or you were in the Bangor area.
I can tell you that a catted downpipe makes things louder. I heard a Q300 with the factory downpipe and it's MUCH quieter than my car.

TiMullen04

I can tell you that a catted downpipe makes things louder. I heard a Q300 with the factory downpipe and it's MUCH quieter than my car.
Thank you. That's kind of what I thought too. It's just going to take some getting used to. Hope the coper's don't bug me. haha

Latest posts

Back