is this normal? w/video. wiggly jiggly.

skipow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdTwRAizlcQ

had a little question about my hubs/lugs/rotors being wiggly. i was hoping you guys could take a look and tell me if my setup is alright. i've been getting a lot of suspension noise lately and i'm trying to track it down

edit: 02 wrx,

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
If the hub itself is loose, it looks like it may be a bad ball joint or tie rod end. Take a peak behind there and see what is moving where it shouldn't.

skipow

everything out back looked very tight. no wiggles. the only thing moving out back was the axle

skipow

it hasnt made any noise like a bad wheel bearing. ive had a couple bearings go and they were both pretty loud.

HR radness

His royal radness
I had two wheel bearings that didnt make any noise and then the whole wheel had an inch of play.  Put your wheel on and try and move it up and down and side to side. It shouldnt move at all.  

Looks like the same problem I had  I went through two wheel bearings in two years

skipow

turns out it was an extremely loose axle nut.
default_smile.png

skipow

only time will tell. after i tightened it up, i took it for a spin- no squeaks anymore, no humming like a bad bearing and no play in the wheel whatsoever.

Latest posts

Back