Issues with my 2.5RS need some help

Vertigo101

Once you go Subaru nothing else is the same
Hey guys I just had my muffler changed from a magnaflow back to the stock 2.5RS muffler and my car is still stalling when you start it and dies right down and stalls if you don't keep the RPM around 2 1/2 or higher.

I also noticed that while driving down the road every thing seams fine and dandy and I got some quick acceleration compared to my last car but once I hit 4 RPM its like the car can't climb any more and gets stuck.

Any one know of what I speak? I think I may have a bad 02 sensor, spark plugs or fuel issue.

I am not good with vehicles so any assistance would be great

Last edited by a moderator:

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Does the light come on with key on engine off? This is bulb check. If not then its disabled. recommend scan for faults anyway and go from there. How's cam timing? Any other known recent work done?

Vertigo101

well as most of you know I bought a 2000 Impreza 2.5RS from a forum member last summer.

I had two new rocker panels made and installed as well as having all the breaks fixed. Also had my rear fenders re painted because of rust issues. I had a wheel bearing changed.

that's about all I can remember. I will ask Iboc my brother when he is awake.

Vertigo101

you're brother started it...thought u knew!!!!
no I never new he started a thread about my Subaru. I don't log on the forums as often as him
default_tongue.png

Tyler

MAF Sensor? I'm not sure if the 2000s have one, but sounds like what happened when the MAF on my '97 was unplugged.

Iboc_C64

Woops, yeah, didn't say anything to him about starting a thread since I did it late Friday and spent all day saturday cleaning and getting stuff done. Sorry guys.

Latest posts

Back