Its red, low, and fast....

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
It is faster then the M not by much though but that's ok. The strong point of this car is the handling. It has 350hp. If I end up keeping it for awhile they make some really nice bolt on twin turbo setups =D

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
one annoying thing with the Z cars is that the throttle cuts out if you overlap brakes whilst on ze gas

in other words, "no left foot braking allowed" which takes away a major tool in getting the car to drift controllably

supposedly this elimnates "unintended acceleration" and replaces it with "unintended stuffage" when you try to make the car dance like it really should be able to. please note, this is not a hack on Nate's new ride, it's more of a subject for a lil lobotomy on the throttle mapping or ABS computer, etc.

YMMV

cool car tho, amazing value for the $$

Last edited by a moderator:

LGHT SBR

I thought the M3 was a sharp looking car, but you did say that it was going to cost a lot to maintain and any upgrades would be silly expensive. The new Z looks greats and it sounds like you got a good deal, can't wait to see it at a meet soon! (or on the streets). What are some of the differences between the nismo and the normal Z?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it was Carter posting pictures of his wrx

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I believe the nismo software removes that feature. Yamaha owns the company responsible for tuning it. There's a bunch of Yamaha suspension components.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
The nismo has a ton of differences. It has custom rays forged rims, nismo seats, struts springs, sways, all kinds of braces, gauges, carbon fiber driveshaft, some engine internals, exhaust, intake, body kit, brakes, spoiler, and software. Some more stuff im forgetting

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
I believe the nismo software removes that feature. Yamaha owns the company responsible for tuning it. There's a bunch of Yamaha suspension components.

well, you'll find out pretty quick after a couple laps around a snowy parkin lot!

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
I would but its sitting on yoko advans and I doubt it would move lol
I had the hilarious/maddening experience of trying to move a souped up Z across a snowy parking lot up at the dyno shop in Toronto that was tuning our LDR rally car. The Z was in the way of backing/turning our tow rig around in the shop lot, They tossed me the keys and said "hey can you move the Z outa the way." I thought, cool! donut time. They were kind of smiling in a strange way, I think they knew I was getting set up.

Effin thing, every time I gave teh Z ze gas the fat Yoks on back wheels spun and the trax control (non-defeatable btw) cut power, pfffft and the car refused to move more than like 6 inches, It wouldn't even rock back and forth. I looked up at the doods behind the window inside and they were all laughing their butts off at my expense. Ended up shoveling a path for the back wheels so it could move maybe 20 feet.
default_additional_gavel.gif

patsti

NitrousFed
one annoying thing with the Z cars is that the throttle cuts out if you overlap brakes whilst on ze gas

in other words, "no left foot braking allowed" which takes away a major tool in getting the car to drift controllably

supposedly this elimnates "unintended acceleration" and replaces it with "unintended stuffage" when you try to make the car dance like it really should be able to. please note, this is not a hack on Nate's new ride, it's more of a subject for a lil lobotomy on the throttle mapping or ABS computer, etc.

YMMV

cool car tho, amazing value for the $$
Nigel being the nissan noob I'll let this one go... under center cupholders/shifter area is a lil thing that you unplug (yawsensor) ... Kills the VDC but leaves abs intact. NO MORE ISSUES! that's why my car is soo fun!

As for the nismo ehh not my fav kinda bright and look at me. U need downpipes and coilovers.

Latest posts

Back