Jerk When letting off gas

rsalomon13

I have been meaning to ask this for a while as it has been occurring since I got my car. When I let off the gas or tap the gas there is a kind of jerk. I am guessing it might be the suspension settling or the rear diff, possibly engine/tranny shifting. Any insight? Other STi owners does this happen to you? I am probably the most paranoid idiot on this site, but I can't stand not knowing what is going on with my car.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Happens to pretty much any manual car.

It has to do with going from the engine pushing on the wheels, to the wheels pushing on the engine.

Between the diffs and transmission there is a bit of slack, so there is a bit of a jerk. If you slowly ease off the gas, not just dump it, it won't jerk. At least not on my car.

rsalomon13

Yeah that was the way it has been on all my manual cars, just seems more pronounced on the sti and harder to avoid, guess everything is more pronounced on the Sti and it makes me freaking paranoid.
default_additional_iam.gif

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
I have been meaning to ask this for a while as it has been occurring since I got my car. When I let off the gas or tap the gas there is a kind of jerk. I am guessing it might be the suspension settling or the rear diff, possibly engine/tranny shifting. Any insight? Other STi owners does this happen to you? I am probably the most paranoid idiot on this site, but I can't stand not knowing what is going on with my car.
Your not paranoid your just concerned about the well being of your ride. This normal for anyone that is an enthusiast about their car. I`ve noticed it just a few times with my 6 speed. I have 41k what do you have on your car ?

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Sounds like its good time to head over to turninconcepts.com and start order every bushing you can get your hands on.

Latest posts

Back