JOB!

smosh

to the tune of a conga line...

job job job job job JOB...job job job job job JOB

It will be my first salaried job in almost four years!!!

I'll be a consultant at a Portland-based technology management consultancy. Three projects are waiting for me: 20 hours a week for a month or two, or, until the client fills the position, managing an infrastructure group of five people at a local company, project managing a .NET application documentation for a client in NYC, and redoing a mountaintop's worth of cell tower leases to maximize the client's revenue and flexibility. And explore and plan commercial window power generation on said mountaintop. Some travel, but probably nowhere glamorous.

I'm soooooooo psyched - this is the variety of work I've been wanting to do all along. And I completely made the opportunity. I've been networking like crazy, making connections, started talking to this company a few weeks ago purely on an informational basis, then bam, they wanted me and carved out a position. I think it will be a great fit.

What a change in life - my wife was unemployed and now starts a new job Monday; I was a student and other things and now I start a new job. Just lined up child care to allow me to start right away. I think this whole thing is going to be hard on the kids, though, at first. They're used to having us around. In the long run, though Happy Daddy Not Worrying About Bills and Happy Mommy Able to Shop and Take Vacations will be worth it.

:headbang: AND :eek:ccasion14:

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
the kids will adjust a lot quicker than you think. You on the other hand will hate dropping them off.

So it looks like attending all those cocktail parties have paid off. Nice work!

smosh

So it looks like attending all those cocktail parties have paid off. Nice work!
Joel, they're not _cocktail parties_, they're Networking Events. :laughing1:

This scheme did hatch over beers in the closed-off bar area at the Cinemagic Clark's Pond. Luckily, I was not able to leave the area with my beer - otherwise I wouldn't have met the mutual contact!

Yet another reason beer is good. Like I needed another!

Latest posts

Back