JoeBalz's boring NA 5MT Fozzy

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
Well, as some of you know, I got desperate to get rid of my time bomb of a legacy that I used to have and traded it in for this 2007 Forester.

1230012_10201368670353292_1514509881_n.jpg

Notice the super ugly chrome hubcaps, I basically just tried to keep the car dirty so that no one noticed them.

I finally had enough, and being in school and having just bought a new car I didn't have the funds to buy new wheels or the ridiculously expensive sport grille made for this body style ($300) F that! So this is what happened...

photo.JPG

Abigailfisk76 and her friend helping to prep and mask my wheels, this process goes a lot faster with help!

While they prepped and masked my wheels I went to work on my grille and calipers, this is the final product.

photo 2-1.JPG

photo 3-1.JPG

calipers and, er... drums
default_additional_unamused.gif

photo 4-1.JPG

I also removed the tail lights so that I could paint the backing black, after doing so I did some research and found out that they cant be baked. Oops.

photo 4.JPG

And of course, no project is complete without one of these...
default_additional_gmb.gif
A "Raging Bitch Belgian IPA" had to try them just for the name.

photo 5.JPG

After letting my paint dry overnight I put the car back together. You may notice only two wheels are done, that's because due to lack of shop equipment while at school I'm using emergency jacks like jackstands, so I'm only doing one side at a time, hoping that my fozzy wont topple over.

photo 1.JPG

Notice the red time attack stripe, JDM yo.

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Not sure why the pics are showing up sideways, they're right side up on my computer... Oh well, you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
Thanks guys. Dave, I've been looking around on ebay and such every few days, but they're almost impossible to find used and the new one's are ridiculously expensive. I have two stock grilles so I may just hack one up and make my own mesh grille, won't look quite as good but it will be a lot cheaper. 

Also, do you or anyone have any ideas on what to do about my tail lights? I can't paint the backing black without cutting into them and no way in hell am I doing that. I'm not sure whats less ricey, the way they are now with chrome or VHT nightshades. I was thinking black plasti-dip just over the chrome part so it doesn't block any light, but if anyone has any better ideas I am all ears.

i-wagon

Inski did his tails, think he sliced them with a dremel and used a sealant to put then back together. pm him and ask to post the steps because I want to as well

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
I may do that, today I'm just going to try hitting them with black plasti-dip and cutting out around the actual lights so it doesn't obstruct light, but it blocks that ugly chrome. Cutting it just scares the shit out of me.

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
I'm not sure, I haven't looked. I've used nightshades on my last two cars, I like it, but it rather not smoke these lights.

KamB

Kam Berry
Nice forester man! N/A is the way to go. Cheap if it does grenade and reliable so that it most likely won't. I have an older forester, n/a and it's plenty to get ya in trouble.

Latest posts

Back