Josh's 07 2.5i

07NAHWKI

I've been a member for a little over a year, meet a few people but never started a journal, so here goes.

Bought her used in August of 2009 with 33K miles, payed 15k. Fell in love with car on the ride from the dealer ship in Boston, to my parents house in Lewiston. Lots of great stories, and fun happened over the next 5 years and 80k miles. But on to the pictures.

The Day I brought her home.

First set of mods:

Hybrid Intake

Custom painted Grill, and emblems,

Custom painted alternate cover,radiator supports, intake scope.

De-badged the trunk and used the emblems on the air filter box, and the fuse box.

Next came some window tint, 20% on the four passenger windows, nothing on the rear-window.

Next came the custom cat-back, basically a modified 04 wrx catback, removed the resonator, and the stock muffler sections.

See was like that for  a while until I wanted a little more loud, so I got a thrush welded muffler on at a friends house. About a year later that fell of cause my friend apparently can't weld, not I have a cheap advance auto muffler on there until I can get a wrx ebay cat-back modified to fit.

Last fall I purchased a rally innovations light bar from Rob(rezpunk), was from a 04 sti. Required a custom mounting solution.

First mounting/test fitting

Then I decided it need more green, some lights:

Before winter was over I decided I wanted to dip my rims, so I continued the green color scheme, but added some black, ended up being 4 base coats of white, 4 coats of green, 4 coats of black, and 4-5 coats of matte clear coat.Here is the final product.

Most recently I wanted to reduce road noise in the cabin so I decided to peal & seal my trunk, and under the rear seat, Then I placed carpet padding underneath the rear seat, and the carpet in the trunk. I will say that I have had the trunk and under the seat covered for about 2 weeks, and only once have I caught the slightest smell of tar. I will update once the summer gets really hot we shall see.

To reduce even more noise I also lined the rear shelf, and rear door cards with carpet padding as well.

Finally I decided to attempt to tint my rear window, came alright, you can clearly see the lines between the strips. On the inside there is about an 1 inch or so over lap of each piece of tint. After doing the rear window, I decided to re-tint my rear windows since one had a tear in it. So all three rear windows now have 5% tint, and the front still have 20%. 

Rear window:

Side windows:

Inside the car comparison of the side windows:

Oil pressure gauge installation:

And now just some pictures of the car.

This one is thanks to Garrett from the dirt drive:

Well I feel like I just wrote a short novel, lol and if any one is interested here is a link to all the pictures, that I upload:

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/07nahwki/slideshow/Lola

Future plans are a custom tune this summer, possible delta cams, rallisport headers, and 91 octane.then back to Granite State to dyno and see what kinda numbers I can get. Have a base line from the annual meet, she made 130whp/135wtq. 

Dyno link: 

Also soon to come is a suspension, possible thinking of going about 2 inches lower.

Thanks for reading Mainely Subaru.

Josh.

Last edited by a moderator:

07NAHWKI

Actually I need to correct that, it made 130whp/135wtq. Just found the dyno sheet. Also posted the dyno video, sorry about blabbing into the camera.

07NAHWKI

Today I decided I wanted to make my interior black, so I covered the headliner in black suede, and when I get time this week I'm going to dip all the tan upper trim pieces.

Jamey

I dipped some of my interior black came out good I've got a small fortune in my interior to make it black

Matt

How was it wrapping the headliner. That's crossed my mind do break up the grey inside. Where'd you get the material.

07NAHWKI

It wasn't as bad as I thought, The hardest part is the front center, I couldn't get it to lay flat, so I had to cut a relief and overlap the two pieces. The rest was pretty easy, if you do it by yourself take your time, it would probably be easier with a second set of hands. My method was to spray a 6-8 inch strip of glue across the headliner, and on the fabric, wait about 1-2 minutes then start applying the fabric. I started in the middle and work my way towards each edge. I also started at the back of the headliner. Something that is hard to do at the beginning is to hold the fabric taught as you apply it to the headliner,(two sets of hands may help). The glue does allows you a little bit of time to pull the fabric off and reapply.

Getting the headliner out of the car is also tricking, the easiest was to take it out the passenger front door, at about a 45 degree angle, its easier if you have a short-throw, and put the car into reverse and release the e-brake. You do kinda have to bend it a little bit, but be careful not to break it, putting it back in took seconds compare to getting it out.

I bought the suede a jo-ann fabric, cost about 20 bucks for 2 yards, I've heard Walmart has cheaper stuff. The glue is 3M Hi-Strength 90 Spray Adhesive(home depot 13$ can) I would recommend 2, you might be able to do it with 1 but I ran out 3/4 of the way through and had to go buy another.

42012RS

She's looking good! I've done my headliner twice now, once with a fleece material and crappy adhesive and the second time with tight woven wool(great deal on a lot of it at mardens) and an orange can of upholstery adhesive which has worked a lot better. I sprayed my upper trim black with walmart special flat black, looks good but scatches easily especially where the seat belts mount.

I will send you some pictures of the exhaust today! It may be a bit muddy...

brycetron

For doing any sort of wrapping. Investing in or borrowing a steamer is a huge help at getting it to lay down in tough spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07NAHWKI

Thanks for the compliments,if only I had thought of the steamer before, it probably would have made the front a lot easier. This weekend I'm dipping my upper interior piece, I'll post pics when its all back together.

07NAHWKI

So I recently purchased a 20mm wrx sway bar from bratman, along with some karbot endlinks. Finally got around to installing it today, took about 1.5 hours. All I have to say is I wish I had done this way before now. Even thought it's only 20mm bar it made a big difference in the feel of car in the corners. Here are couple of pictures.

I also got to take a ride in Jesse's (visonik) wrx, to get a feel for his coilovers. A must say this is definitely going to be my next mod. Now to decide which set:

http://www.isccoilovers.com/products/isc-suspension-basic-coilovers-2002-2007-subaru-wrx.html

or 

http://www.jnaperformance.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=288

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Nice. Glad you like it. I love my BC coilovers. I'm sure ISC's are good too. Seems people have good things to say about both.

Jamey

I have bc ' sports as well love them I have a 19mm on rear mine made a huge difference considering this came with no rear sway .. next week I am finely getting a front sway bar

Latest posts

Back