JP's 02 Impreza TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshP

Always wanted to do a journal, but I've never gotten around to it... so this will be the car.  This is my 12th Subaru that I've owned..  19 year old guy ran it out of oil and it chucked a rod, I got it ahold of it for 800 bucks.  Plan is to install a 2.2 shortblock and turbo crossmember for now, with the rest of the turbo bits in the spring. 

His parents took good care of the car, it had rust patched professionally, new cat back exhaust, new tires etc.. and its stil inspected for 6 months.  I need to have this ready for the dirt drive on the 29th, so that was my motivation to pick something up now.  I seriously consider 2 XT6s, but decided for something more modern.  This car will be dedicated TSD, Rally-x and dog car becuase I drive a company vehicle and have an 05 Legacy also!  I wish I had done a journal on the Legacy, bought that under similar circumstance.  Anyway pics!

C3tCzLs.jpg

bvaVfi3.jpg

JIy5gBE.jpg

3nFsvL0.jpg

I need a 2.2 shortblock, so let me know if you have anything.

JoshP

I have a whole elaborate plan for a turbo setup, but that's a ways off so we'll see if it ever happens.  Its going to be a big 16g, around 10-12 psi, nothing crazy.  For now I'm going to focus on skidplates, suspension and rally computer.  Once the TSD season is over in the spring I can get into the turbo stuff.  Im looking for a co-driver for the winter TSD season also, I generally travel to NY and Quebec to compete if anyone here is interested.   

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Sweet rig, and what a steal of a price for what looks/sounds like an otherwise (than the blown motor) solid car.  Sounds like it'll be a cool build.  keep us posted!

turbowgn

Nice buy man! That's what I've wanted for a while. I have a 2.2L for you lol cheap too and it's a phase 2. Trying to save up to put some nice wheels on the coupe. 

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I have a whole elaborate plan for a turbo setup, but that's a ways off so we'll see if it ever happens.  Its going to be a big 16g, around 10-12 psi, nothing crazy.  For now I'm going to focus on skidplates, suspension and rally computer.  Once the TSD season is over in the spring I can get into the turbo stuff.  Im looking for a co-driver for the winter TSD season also, I generally travel to NY and Quebec to compete if anyone here is interested.   
You know I'm in for winter TSD's.

JoshP

turbowgn

noo..phase 2 is too high compression even with 2.5 heads.  I want that 95 motor
default_wink.png
Those 2.5 heads would drop it down enough, but I gotcha lol. If I swap out the short block I'll let you know. Im trying to find a good 2.5 short block to put in. 

JoshP

Change of plans already !  wow... Been keeping an eye on this complete motor for 1 month +.. Lowered price from 800 all the way down to 400.  I couldn't help myself at that point!  COMPLETE 01 2.5, with clutch flywheel etc etc intake manifold and everything!  for only 400 bucks..  http://nh.craigslist.org/pts/4037735493.html  Its still under warranty too.  This thing is legit!  Clean, clean..

and here it is unloaded..

and here's its stable mate for the next week!  I will have this thing together this coming weekend.  SO who wants to help pull a motor on Friday?? 
default_wink.png

JoshP

Got the motor swapped!  Wouldnt start though.. damn.. Pulled the code and it said camshaft position sensor.. So I pulled off the cam cover from the blown motor, and the crank gear is different argh!  Rookie mistake.  Have to tackle it tomorrow, need to swap the crank sprocket and the cam gears.  I took a lot of pics of the process, I adjusted the valves and replace a few things on the new motor.  Seems like a good motor, haven't had it running yet tho

JoshP

I got it finished up finally last night before going to work.  It seems to run great, just a small knock.  I couldn't drive it up becuase no plates, but everything seems okay.  My pulley came today also!  I need to get some new pics up though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back