Just bought a 2007 WRX Hatch OBP, for the wife.

roadtrip1098

Recently grabbed a 2007 WRX Hatch OBP for my wife. It was a long pain in the ass process buying a car private sale from somone who still had a lein on a vehicle. Of course when I went to pick it up, the girl selling it made sure to have the check in her hands before telling me both headlights were out, the key fob doesn't work, and it's out of gas. Also there was a dent behind the fuel door that I don't remember from the test drive. So I had to drive home with my brights on the whole way, and boy did that piss some people off.

It's not a complete horror story though, I was able to re-insulate the wires for the headlights and put new ones in and as it turns out they work fine. The key fob was also a simple issue, the switch had at one point fallen off the circuit boars and someone thought it was a grand idea to superglue it back on instead of sloldering it, so tonight I'll be off to RadioShack to grab some soldering supplies.  As for the dent, I'm fairly certain the plunger from the bathroom and a little elbo grease on the inside panel will take care of it.

The good news is the engine is crazy quiet, completely stock, and pulls great. The suspension feels just as tight as an 09 we test drove a few weeks ago and except for the dent, the body is in awesome shape.

Now to get the hippie smell out of the car.....

Of course my wife has already laid claim to the parts coming off my STi as I upgrade.

So the moral of this long story if any is to avoid using headlights that are a higher wattage than what the car calls for. Also Don't superglue cicuit boards. Lastly, always re-inspect a car before paying for it in a private sale (none of these issues were present when we first looked at it).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back