Just bought a potential garage queen...

smosh

Sorry, not a Subaru.

Added a new project to my winter this past weekend, a '95 Saab convertible that needs a ton of work. I registered it and drove it around in the nice weather Monday. For a sticker, it'll need a couple of tires, control arm bushings, emergency brake work (and rear brakes), a crank seal, CV joint boot, sway bar (?), and a few lights.. And the top needs work, well, really replacement. And it's got 180k. But it runs strong, body's in pretty good shape, and it was $750. It's garaged in Westbrook now, but I think I'll move it to the house in March to begin its stint as garage queen. Acquire parts over the winter, though I'm itching to start wrenching now. I'm excited to replace/upgrade the front suspension instead of just bushings.

It's strange - I don't really like working on my primary driver, but an 'extra' car is easier to get excited about work. When it doesn't "have to" work, it's like it's less pressure or something. Anyone else feel the same way about project cars?

saabaru

Pics or it doesn't exist..

I have never had a project, and more than likely never will. Enjoy it and let us know how it is coming... :thumbsup:

Evan

yeah, i bought my gti to use as a second car so i could take my time with the wrx when i wanted to. its worked so far, low costs and good mpg.

you should make the gm900 a real garage queen and just remove the soft top altogether :dontknow:

have fun!

smosh

I won't remove it completely (hides nicely under the tonneau), but the rear glass window has completely separated from the top. Common problem with that year; it was just starting on the '95 I had in 2000 when I traded it in). I'm going to attempt a fix with Marine Goop. If that doesn't work, one needs to replace the top.

But, if the Goop solution fails, I probably won't fix it. Leaving it down and garaged could really work. I could pick up a car cover for away-from-home use.

InSaNeBoY

send an email to [email protected] with 'subscribe' in the body of the email.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back