Just breakin' her in!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

(And yes, I'm out of gas....)

topdeeni

no way... U got another hundred miles...

Great catch on the odeo-O-meter (said like homer simpson).. I usually see meaningful odemeter milestones approaching but end up missing them..

Gosh..the good old days of white on black instrumentation...Everything now is so dayglow and obnoxious...

Last edited by a moderator:

topdeeni

Until what? I run out of gas? The engine blows up? Or it is completely broken in?
default_wink.png
yes, no, yes...............
default_wink.png
It's early, I am still lowering the blood level in my caffiene system.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!

it was manufactured in oct of 1995 though.

I bought it with 87k miles in September 2008.... so at this rate it's gonna be worn out before to long
default_wink.png

Redline

How the body? This must have been a grocery getter or something... 87k in 12-13 years?! Wow. That's nuts.

Reminds me of my 59k 1983 RX7 that I purchased in 2001...
default_wink.png

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
1996.it was manufactured in oct of 1995 though.

I bought it with 87k miles in September 2008.... so at this rate it's gonna be worn out before to long
default_wink.png
Worn out? You are doing like 13,000 miles per year!

That's nothing. I'm easily doubling that!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
How the body? This must have been a grocery getter or something... 87k in 12-13 years?! Wow. That's nuts.
Reminds me of my 59k 1983 RX7 that I purchased in 2001...
default_additional_ranting.gif
They told me that it was owned by an old lady for 5 years, then another old lady bought it... Maybe it is true, would explain why the clutch was fried.

The body is in fine shape. A tiny bit of bubbling on the rear quarters, but that's it. Except for a couple dings and scratches, it is in pretty good shape.

Tyler

Good catch! And yeah, that's almost normal at 13k a year ... I'm right around 17k and I don't even drive far for work?! I swear, someone takes my car out and drives it while I'm not looking ...
default_additional_ranting.gif

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
dont get me started on mileage per year... i remember rolling my honda over to 200k and i had a ranger at 300k and going strong,

gratz on the milestone though

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
gratz on the milestone though
Thanks
default_frown.gif

I told my parents and they really didn't care... Just an "oh" and that was it... not car people. They just don't get it
default_smile.png

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Thanks
default_smile.png

I told my parents and they really didn't care... Just an "oh" and that was it... not car people. They just don't get it
default_biggrin.png
100K is no big deal for a subie if you do the proper maintenance. This was not the case years ago for american cars their odometers only went to 99999. That should tell you their expected life span. My 07 Spec is up to 45K and my 01 VDC 183k+
default_frown.gif

As far as your parents - stick some auto mags under their pillows, you know osmosis.

Last edited by a moderator:

inski

Congrats Chris. S'bout time!
default_frown.gif

Can you imagine the stories it would tell if your car could talk...

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Oh, my car could talk about snapping a timing belt in orono, hauling over 2000 of crap to acadia, hauling my 14foot boat around on the roof, drifting around back roads, Sergei and I hauling out the engine (how the heck did it survive that one anyway??
default_frown.gif
)... etc.

inski

I heard Sergei is the man.
default_frown.gif

If my OBS could talk I'd like to know what the heck happened to the RF fender. Rebel Tumble weed? Renegade fire hydrant?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I heard Sergei is the man.
default_biggrin.png
Yes, he is
default_biggrin.png

I'll admit I was a bit nervous when the pry bars were employed to get my engine un-stuck from the transmission.... but then I got into it and started pounding away too
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back