K&N Short ram.....

Mr Mike

NLA???? I went to 2 parts stores today, it seems the only K&N set up you can get now is the full cold air intake (typhoon), but I dont like the idea of a filter sitting all by its lonesome in the fender well... one good wave could do it in....

Does any one know if you can still the get short ram? or is the full typhoon kit adaptable to either cold air or short ram???

mikey

or do you guys think I am just wasting my time with this all together???

katnip

the car is black. I swear
I run an injen cold air, and the Kn sits in the fender well. I have had no problems with it.

kathy

C

chris

Eric W, formally with LDR, had a shorty on his WRX. Sounds great. They're still out there. I fancy the panel filters, unless its a NA engine.

Mr Mike

The streets in rockland flood a lot lately it seems, I find my self tip-toeing the car lol.... Well if I cant find a short ram K&N I'll have to go with a different brand I think. I'll keep looking.... If some one finds one let me know

mike

katnip

the car is black. I swear
Mine has run in some extremely wet rallycrosses and I seem to find every deep puddle there is when driving ;D and it has not been a problem, really

LordBass

My uneducated opinion is that it would take seriously deep water to muck up the fender filter, no? And if the water was that deep you'd likely have other problems.

I have an Amsoil panel filter with a hand-me-down NESIC-special homemade CAI pipe. Works for me.

mikebike357

There's a dude over on subaruforester.com who has an XT from which he removed the silencer/snorkus/whateveryouwannacallit.... he said he was driving thru big, deep puddles during a heavy rain in Florida. Hit a puddle, threw a CEL and hobbled home. Said that when he got into his garage he took out his air filter and it was dripping wet.

I don't think this is the norm, but it can happen! I drive cautiously in heavy rain or thru big puddles (unless they're on the opposite side of the intake)

prez25rs

i have a PDM racing intake

its a ganzflow rip off, a pipe from the airbox to the fender with a kn panel filter in the stock airbox.

i aint scurrrred of no water! well unless i was in new orleans

mikebike357

I have basically the same setup... K&N panel in the factory airbox w/ a pipe that go straight into the fender. I've had no issues with my setup.

Latest posts

Back