Leakage

DrakeHale33

I know this needs to be in the brake section but I figure it will get more views here. I noticed some fluid on the outside of my rim this morning and didn't really feel a difference in my morning commute. I pulled the rim off and the front passenger side caliper is leaking. So based on the picture, whats the diagnosis? (MY99 RS)

brake1.jpg

brake2.jpg

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
you have an appointment with a garage in your Very Near Future, right??!!

IntoRnet diagnosis: pooched seal on a piston. needs fixed ASAP.

did I mention Fix That Quick?? don't care if you "didn't feel difference on morning commute" ...if that piston blows out, you will feel a VEry BAD Difference and ugly things will happen shortly thereafter.

in other words, if you don't get this fixed quick, follow-up pics will need to be posted in the "Hospital" and "Bodywork" threads.

DrakeHale33

you have an appointment with a garage in your Very Near Future, right??!!

IntoRnet diagnosis: pooched seal on a piston. needs fixed ASAP.

did I mention Fix That Quick?? don't care if you "didn't feel difference on morning commute" ...if that piston blows out, you will feel a VEry BAD Difference and ugly things will happen shortly thereafter.

in other words, if you don't get this fixed quick, follow-up pics will need to be posted in the "Hospital" and "Bodywork" threads.
Yeah I've got an appointment in the morning. Any idea $$ wise?

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
remanufactured suby caliper is under $100, plus a bit o labor to tear old one off and reinstall new. get a "loaded" caliper, it'll have pads already installed.

Latest posts

Back