LED OEM replacement bulbs?

Runnah

I bought a LED flashlight over the weekend and I must say it rocks!

Now is there anyone that makes LED light for turn signals and brake lights?

I want to at least get some for the reverse light and make the brake lights since the plain bulbs seem a bit dim.

Or am I crazy?

mikebike357

I've seen LEDs that are adapted to the original socket. there's typically 4 or 5 LEDs per unit. How they look, I donno... probably uber bright

Tyler

I've read that for blinker LEDs you need a resistor type thing because where the load is so low with the LEDs it thinks your bulb is blown, and therefore your blinker with blink fast ... but they do make them.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
you can also get an electronic flasher relay. as opposed to the mechanical type that causes the rapid flashig.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
I've read that for blinker LEDs you need a resistor type thing because where the load is so low with the LEDs it thinks your bulb is blown, and therefore your blinker with blink fast ... but they do make them.
You are correct T.

WRXav8r

useless fact: LED tail light illuminate 100x faster than regular bulbs.... what does that mean? at 70mph your brake lights come on 60ft sooner from the time/distance that you apply the brake....

(Mercedes has LED brake lights.... and they said I fell asleep during product training...)

Bman

Well the thread seems to have gone off topic ;D but anyway, I am picking up a new set of summers for the spring as well.

I am 90 percent sure I am gonna go with the new Falken 452, people over at NASIOC seem to love them. The Azenis (sp) are a better autox and absolute performance tire, however they are quite impractical as they are more $, wear faster, and are nowhere near the 452s in the rain.

Tyler

And you say WE'RE off topic
default_redface.gif
O0

mikebike357

Uranus.

er....

more like:

A light-emitting diode (LED) is a semiconductor device that emits incoherent narrow-spectrum light when electrically biased in the forward direction. This effect is a form of electroluminescence. The color of the emitted light depends on the chemical composition of the semiconducting material used, and can be near-ultraviolet, visible or infrared. Nick Holonyak Jr. (born 1928) of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign developed the first practical visible-spectrum LED in 1962

Tony Q

Uranus.

er....

more like:

A light-emitting diode (LED) is a semiconductor device that emits incoherent narrow-spectrum light when electrically biased in the forward direction. This effect is a form of electroluminescence. The color of the emitted light depends on the chemical composition of the semiconducting material used, and can be near-ultraviolet, visible or infrared. Nick Holonyak Jr. (born 1928) of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign developed the first practical visible-spectrum LED in 1962
Thanks for the technical brakedown Mikeo, but where would a guy like myself locate some if I wanted to?

Mighty Subie

[sarcasm]well most people buy things from some sort of store or distribution center, it can be in person, on-line or over the phone.[/sarcasm]

Latest posts

Back