Led-reflector mod hit the fan. Need help id'ing led strip

jojo69

SO one of my led-reflectors has hit the fan. It's a basic led strip in the oem rear lower reflector. 

The driver side works just fine and doesn't have any condensation, the passenger side that isn't working seems to have condensation in it. Could that have caused the malfunction? I don't know enough about LED's to know. 

I've contacted the shop I bought these from last year to see if they could do somehting about it, but I doubt it. 
Given it's a real basic mod, I was thinking of fixing this one on my own but I would need to ID the led strip inside so I can replace it. 

Here is the defective one i took apart: 

any suggestions?

PS: i have tested the led using a 9V battery. only 1 led lights up reliably (middle one)... 2 others barely light up, the rest do not. I think the led strip is gone, need to get a new one. Anyone know what kinda/model/type that is and where to order?

If this is an 'everyday' strip that can be bought at an advance/autozone, would there be a better alternative in terms of resistance to the elements kinda of way? The output was great, so I'm not trying to get a more powerful strip, just something that'll last me more than 1 year and through maine winters (and I'll make sure to better insulate when I put them back together).

jojo69

Well I think i'm just gonna re-do both with a new set of led strip. Might as well start fresh and seal'em well.

jojo69

thanks!
default_smile.png

figured it out online. I was trying to minimize costs and un-necessary extra material
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:

apkarian100

Vendor
 For what it's worth, I didn't use LED strips. The quality isn't there. I made my own customer modules with quality components.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back