Licensed 2 weeks. Already Crashed.

RallyGal

RallyGal
I know I'm gonna get ragged on for this, but I got my license on the 3rd. Drove my '99 OBS to the rally yesterday and this morning, then headed to coos canyon with my friends and siblings to go swimming and yadda yadda yadda my car ended up in a tree and I need a whole new front clip for my car. Looking to buy a front clip with radiator and condenser or even a whole parts car if need be. Please? It would be a big help if someone could help me out or steer me in the right direction to where I could find one...

RallyGal

RallyGal
Here are the pictures http://s753.photobucket.com/albums/xx173/Christy_Lewis/Oops/
default_frown.gif
We were heading to coos canyon in weld and when we hit that dirt road he was tryin to stay out of my dust because he was behind me so I swerved over to make it dustier and I turned to quickly. My rear end swung out towards the ditch on the left and I over corrected and went right into the trees nose first on the left side of the road.
default_frown.gif

urabusturbo

that stinks but at least you are o.k and it is fixable. I have a new bumper beam I bought from Evergreen when I crashed my RS the first time, you should buy it and take this opportunity to convert to a RS bumper

Jamey

goin thru insurance? because that looks totaled right front tire looks smoked could be just angled glad your ok tho

RallyGal

RallyGal
nah, it was on a non-state maintained road and the insurance would go waaaay up and id probably loose my license. I gotta pay for it all outta my own pocket :/ and yeah me too, me and my sister are both fine, not a scratch, wish I could say the same for my car though :/

Matt

Ouch. that's pretty bad. Didn't get into the timing cover at all? I think a junkyard is going to be your best friend for awhile.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Damn! I already talked to your brother and I have an entire front bumper assembly for cheap. Hope you get it all worked out, and at least no one got hurt!

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
what timing cover does it have? I have part of a timing cover depending on what style it is.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
It happens. I've had my license over a decade and put it in the snowbank this past winter. Good luck on the fixing, you'll be drifting into the trees again in no time
default_smile.png

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Jason, it's a 99. 99 2.2 is phase2, so it should have the timing cover that you have. It should be one long one, an one little cap on one side.

Since I can't see both front tires at the same time head on, I can't say if the wheel is crooked, or if it's just turned to the left. Usually the first thing that bends when you whack the wheel is the control arm. It's like the fuse in the front suspension. It's pretty easy to change out, and they're not that expensive.

I don't think you'll ever get that front radiator support straight again, but it actually is a bolt on part, I'd just change it out with a JY one.

All in all, it doesn't look too terrible. I doubt you have any frame damage, so it's just unbolt bent stuff, bolt on straight stuff type of job.

I've stuffed all my cars into ditches, snowbanks, and trees. It's all part of the car game.

I don't wanna come across as a dick with this, but come to a rallyx. It's about $50 to get in. You can even borrow a helmet for free at the event. It's a good time to push the car to it's limits. If you screw up all that happens is you run over a cone. I learned a lot in just one day of running a rallyx. I got to push my car past the limits, run some cones over backwards, and know what not to do when I'm out in the woods.

RallyGal

RallyGal
my frame might be a lil' tweaked but it should be fixable, and were planning on buying a parts car and just replacing the whole front clip. An Rallyx sounds pretty cool, might havta check that out when I get my car back on the road! The control arm seems okay and the wheels are fine, it still runs but the radiator is toast so its parked for now. We towed it home and my brother steered and he said the steering felt fine... a lot of it is body work.

WRB_Tank

Dang. Could have been a lot worse. Glad to hear everyone is ok. I'm sure the community here can help you find most of the parts you need. Good luck getting it back on the road!

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
well you will get really friendly with a set of harbor freight body hammers. Good luck on the rebuild.

i-wagon

Glad everyone is ok. Now did you learn anything from this experience? Not being a dink, but the most important part of making mistakes is making sure they don't happen again. And good luck with the rebuild

Last edited by a moderator:

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Looking at those tires, no wonder you lost control and couldn't steer, there's no tread on the front tires. Good luck finding all the parts you need and glad you're safe.

Latest posts

Back