Lifetime Alignments?

mikebike357

Are there any shops in the Portland area that do lifetime alignments? I know Firestone does a lifetime alignment package for $149, NTB has a 1 year, 2 year and lifetime. But NTB isn't in Maine... Firestone? Where they at?

R

rallyXcramps

Firestone is next to Quirk formerly Forest City Cheby.

Sears at the Maine Mall used to do lifetime alignments. They used to do lifetime everything they "fixed."

Before I knew anything about cars I used to bring my wife's Escrat to Sears for stickers. Every year they'd fail it for brakes and something bad in the front end. Well, they kept putting stuff on the car for free and free alignments because they were the ones who did all the work on the front end. They come to me all proud they found something wrong without ever looking at the car's history thinking they wwere gonna make money that day and I'd slap down a wad of reciepts of work they did the previous year. Heh heh bastards.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
holy carp I thought this said Life Time APARTMENTS.... :
default_smile.png

mikebike357

A guy at work just took his Camry to sears for tires... also got an oil change. Well, they forgot to put the filler cap back on. OOpsie...

R

rallyXcramps

The trick with Subarus is keeping the rear toe adjusters from getting siezed up inbetween alignments.

R

rallyXcramps

I guess your rear adjusters were moving fine when he did the alignment. Right after talking with you I got a clunkitty bumpitty GT that needed some TLC, so I never got a chance to look at your headgaskets. Maybe I can get under there someday soon and peek at it.

Did he fix/remove/clamp your exhaust sheilds?

mikebike357

No problem on the headgasket check. It's probably fine. I have to check teh coolant level before I drive back to SoPo, make sure it's not low again. I suspect the low coolant may have had something to do with the low temps. Who knows.

They just put clamps on the heatshields that were loose. No rattles. It's nice. The alignment was great too. No shimmys, shakes or pulling all teh way up to 90mph.

Latest posts

Back