Light bulb ?s

stainless

Looking to change/upgrade my lights.

low beams and or fogs.

Wondering what people run for bulbs.

Thinking of going more warm/yellow for the fogs.

Has any one ever swapped out the stock fogs for aftermarket lamps? if so what type.

4WRXter

Skier!
I use Sylvania Siverstars for the headlights (High/Low). Picked 'em up at WallyWorld. Nice white light for affordable price.

I have Hella 500 fogs in place of the stock fogs on my WRX. I like them. I can't really compare to the stock units. One was broken when I bought the car.

Iboc_C64

I use Subimods HID kits. 4300k for low beams and 3000k for the fogs. I did have 6000k lows, but they suck on wet roads. Also if you listen to the radio often, especially to channels in the 9X.X frequency range, you may want a different brand of balasts than the ones Subimods sells. They don't appear to comply with part 15 of the FCC rules and regulations. Specifically the part that says that a given device "MAY NOT CAUSE HARMFUL INTERFERANCE". I have not yet checked the packaging, but I can tell you, I can listen to anything in the 9X.X range until I turn on the headlights, at which point no car within about 75ft will get those channels. I can still get almost anything in the 10X.X range, including WTOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
The hella 500 amber fogs have been discontinued. But you can get the rockblocker type films in yellow that will give you close tot he same effect. or amber bulbs.

Iboc_C64

Why did they stop selling them? The legal colors for fog lights are White, Yellow and Amber aren't they?

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
The silverstars are good and easily replaced when one pops. I also have an HID kit from Subimods for my low beams and like them a lot. Ryan is right about their performance in rain though...I am still running 6000k and will replace them when they die. Its really your call, but I don't regret getting the kit from subiemods at all.

i-wagon

Silverstar ultras in high/low, hella super upgraded bulbs in the 500 driving lights, and I rally miss my yellow fogs. Like nigel said, friggin aewsome in snow. I need to find yeller bulbs for my new fogs

Latest posts

Back