Lightweight Crank Pulley

WRB_Tank

Hey guys and gals. I am thinking about getting a lightweight crank pulley for my Impreza with a 2.2L motor. Just wondering if anyone out there has one, and if so how they like it? I am looking at the Grimmspeed one.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Unless there's something wrong with the stock one on your car now, you're not really going to see a difference. You'll just see a shiny thing in your engine bay when you open the hood.

Imprezah

I've had them on 2.2 and 2.5 N/A imprezas and on my 2.5turbo forester and I have never noticed a thing. A 13lb flywheel on the other hand is very noticeable!

Mighty Subie

the mass on a crank pulley is a lot closer to the center than a flywheel AND it has less so like suggested, the flywheel will make a larger difference. It will technically give you assistance, but you probably won't notice it. It won't help your idle at all though, and a lightened flywheel definitely won't help that either. So if you have some cash burning a hole, do it. I doubt you'll regret it, but $100 could give you better gains elsewhere. like in the gas tank since that will probably just barely buy a tank of gas by the middle of the summer! lol

not terribly helpful, I know. I'm kind of tired but working so I have to be up.

blmpkn

Pascifist Patriot
I recently put one on my 2.5i legacy, it free revs a tad quicker and it feels like it shifts smoother when im letting off the cluch. Ive also noticed a 1-2 mpg gain according to the computer.

And its SHINY and RED! so I gained at LEAST 650hp
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back