live nation/ticketmaster question

Evan

i want to go see a show at the mansfield arena (outside boston), but the tickets basically double in price after all the 'convenience charges'. i know i've bought tickets to portland civic center concerts at their box office at face value. does anyone know if i can buy ticketmaster to the boston show at the portland location or do i have to actually be at the venue for the show in question?

TheSoundMan

its possible, but not likely........Most places now find it easier to let other companies handle there ticket sales than to do it in house. If I remember correctly that is a "Live nation Venue" which basically means you SOL on avoiding surcharges. that's why Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam boycotted ticketmaster back in the day....

K

Kati

does stubhub or ticketsnow have what you are looking for at a more affordable cost?

EvilAsPie

I just bought tickets to a "ticketmaster show" at FYE in the maine mall. Still had the $7 per ticket charge but no other shipping/printing charges.

Going to see sublime... at least most of them...

Evan

stubhub is more expensive then direct, and thanks evil as pie, i'll check that out.

K

Kati

interesting. I am going to try FYE! Everytime I see this it reminds me to search for some tickets. I am trying to go to an event next month but the seats aren't as good as last years... TicketMaster says to check back as the event nears, and I should get better seats. It happened last year, so we'll see.

K

Kati

darn if I found the tickets online, then I could pay the extra $3.00 fee to pick them up at FYE but the seats are still too far back.

Latest posts

Back