looking for 2.5rs...have a couple ????'s first

natep

a buddy of mine just bought a wrx wagon and told me about this site, said some of you were pretty knowledgeable

, so i figured this would be as good a place as any to ask for help..... while we all know how capable wrx's are i prefer "older" cars, you know, something i wont feel bad about launching through a field or dog-walking sideways in the snow for 2 miles.

R

redlinerally

I think this thread should be a good start.

http://xsorbit27.com/users5/subarutunersofmaine/index.php?topic=2259.0

Most of this topic has been hashed over already. Save yourself some time and read through. If you still have any specific questions, ask them.
default_wink.png

We're a helpful group, so don't be shy.

R

rallyXcramps

welcome nate!

There are a few of us in here that have done the VW thing. Rez-D, inski, Sick evan, ME STI, rallyXI. Dont be ashamed.
default_wink.png

The trouble with RSs is you have to look over a lot of them before you find one that hasn't been beat on or modded horribly wrong. The best place to find decent and not-so-decent specimens is here http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128

Also consider a WRX, sometimes those can be found for the same price.

Transmission is the Subaru weakness. They never were as good as Hondas or VWs (until 2006, now they are superior!) and most people know this so they take care of them, some just beat them until broke then toss them aside. Test drive test drive test drive. You'll know a good one when you drive it and a bad one will talk to you.

natep

so, what you are telling me is i need to find an RS owned from new by an old lady who wouldnt be able to tell me the diff between the WRC and KFC...... thanks for the info, really appreciate it, i am sure i will have more questions as i start test driving..... thanks-nate

R

rallyXcramps

We have a nice old lady that comes into Patriot that owns a pristine dark red RS coupe. She loves it. She wont sell.

akinaspeedstar

oh you poor sorry son of a bitch :-[

my 6 month journey to find the right RS just ended two weeks ago

autotrader and cars.com are gonna be your new best friends

akinaspeedstar

that's right you did. but i went and looked at 6-7 cars before you found that one, and thankfully it turned out to be a jem!

natep i'll keep my eye out for ya! if i can help you out let me know!

4WRXter

Skier!
For used car dealer that might get one, keep checking at http://www.rjbandson.com

I got mine there. Evil Jeff bought his WRX there also. You'll probably pay a little more, but have the security of a 30 day warranty, and option of buying a longer warranty program. When I took mine back to them for some minor warranty issues they took me in right away and fixed the problems, no questions asked. I believ EJ had some warranty items that were taken care of also???

And welcome to the forum. There are some VERY knowledgeable people here. They'll give you a hard time. But usually in good fun. Unless you need a kick in the pants
default_redface.gif

R

rallyXcramps

if he really wanted one there are 2 nice ones on NASIOC NESIC right now.

natep

thanks inski, just got done checking 'em out...i have a feeling it is gonna be a long(ish) process....gonna have to spend some time with an rs to see if they are as fun as i remember them to be...then as you said before "test drive test drive test drive"....when the time comes i may try to recruit one of you to go along....i am a "car guy" and know the basics but like i said in the first post...i am a subaru newb so specific issues may be overlooked by my big dumb ass.

Latest posts

Back