Looking for a 2000 impreza 2.5RS JDM part

Vertigo101

Once you go Subaru nothing else is the same
Hello.

I am looking for a JDM spoiler light for a 2000 impreza 2.5RS.

Currently the light that came with the car was painted black and I need a new one or used that's in good condition.

I will pay for it if needed.

Matt

? which spoiler do you have as there are several styles that do fit......stock rs/v5/v6.....need more info

Vertigo101

? which spoiler do you have as there are several styles that do fit......stock rs/v5/v6.....need more info
Here's a picture

I had to make the picture less then 100K in order to upload it here for some reason.

But if you zoom in with CTRL + mouse wheel you should be able to see the spoiler better.

notice the light is painted black? it came that way from the guy I bought it off and I think that looks funny...

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Hey, nice RS!!

Used to be related to that one, hadda whole pile of fun with it.
default_cool.png

don't got no JDM spoiler brake lites tho, so sorry.

not sure what wing that one is...car had a big ole V5 Prodrive style wing when I had it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iboc_C64

The car came with 2 spoilers, this one and another that looked the same but was half as tall.

Vertigo101

Hey, nice RS!!

Used to be related to that one, hadda whole pile of fun with it.
default_cool.png

don't got no JDM spoiler brake lites tho, so sorry.

not sure what wing that one is...car had a big ole V5 Prodrive style wing when I had it.
hmm I know for a fact its a jdm part due to it saying 2.5RS on the side of it.

I am unsure to what version part it is but perhaps my brother iboc knows.

Would any one have the part I am looking for or be able to direct me to where I might be able to pick one up?

Thanks for the quick response, what did you think of my pictures on my profile?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
From the looks of it, a regular 2.5RS 2 door spoiler light would work. And JDM wouldn't say 2.5RS on the side of it, they came as WRX's in JDM land. The USDM ones say 2.5RS

Iboc_C64

Yeah Vertigo, I think you need to research what parts are actually JDM. This car was set up due to the tastes of various previous drivers. Just because it has the JDM taillight doesn't mean everything is JDM. I think that is the stock 2.5RS Coupe spoiler, the midrise version. There is also a low rise spoiler that came with it that is also a stock option, I believe they normally came on the 4 door. I don't know a lot about the history of 1st generation Impreza's. The version 5 that Nigel was talking about appears to be the STI style spoiler that comes on most later model (2004 & up) USDM STIs. Its like a midrise flat deck spoiler, not a curved one like the 2 that we have. I think that the ones we have are probably USDM.

I wonder if we could take the lights from the other low rise spoiler and put them on the midrise spoiler you are using. I would think that they would be same. Another thing to consider, the car might look good with an STI OEM style spoiler. Something like the Version 5 STI spoiler that Nigel was talking about. I don't know if you need to buy an actual JDM part for that though, I think you can buy them from aftermarket manufacturers too, although I don't know what kind of quality you would get that way.

Iboc_C64

It is factory original if that's what you were getting at vertigo. But the factory OEM here in the US were the 2.5RS like what you have. In Japan they sold the same car with a Turbo and called it the WRX and the WRX-STI. The parts that were sold as stock in Japan on the WRXs there are called JDM and stand for Japanese Demestic Market. The US version cars were sold without the turbo and were called the 2.5RS. The US car's parts stock OEM parts are called USDM which stands for United States Domestic Market. The headlights, tail-lights, marker lenses, bumpers and trim levels were different between USDM and JDM cars. JDM parts are the same high quality that you get with the stock parts that come from the factory but they are only widely available in Japan which makes them harder to get and more un-usual to see here in the US, which makes them more desireable. To most people they also look a lot cooler. that's what JDM is. You have a bunch of JDM parts on your car I believe, but I don't know which are which aside from the tail-lights. You do have clear side markers and lower blinkers, which I believe are JDM (correct me if I am wrong guys) and it did have JDM clear corners but one was shattered so now you are back to a USDM stock variety, of which there are also multiple versions If I remember right. JDM also ussually cost more than Aftermarket parts. Have I confused you yet?

boxerboost

Could you not just remove the light, take the paint off with some mild paint thinner type of chemical, and then, if needed, wet sand it back down?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Could you not just remove the light, take the paint off with some mild paint thinner type of chemical, and then, if needed, wet sand it back down?
this.

and that is the USDM coupe spoiler, the other one you have is the sedan spoiler.

sooch

Type-RA
acetone is lyk the greatest thing ever. just grab a rag and hit the light with acetone.... works really well

Latest posts

Back