Looking for an 80's subaru parts car

saucymonkey

Hi, Anyone got an 1980's gl 4wd car I can cut the transmision tunnel out of? I'd also be in interested in a ea82 dual range 5spd if you have one. I'd also need the mounts and the linkage I'm in Thomaston so the closer the better. LMK. -Chris

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Welcome! Please post pics of this car
default_smile.png

You don't need to cut out the trans tunnel for a 5speed d/r.

Bratman18 has a linkage.

Check out this website http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/

It's the old subaru mecca of the internet, really. Everything you can imagine has been done.

If you're looking for subaru parts there's a guy named Ben Vaughan in Coopers Mills. He has a huge cache of old subarus and parts.

I wish you good luck getting in touch with him... he's cancelled his phone and forbid me to give his cell number out to anyone....

Lastly, I have a spare 5mt d/r that needs some work. It has a bad bearing on the input shaft and makes angry noises, also could do with new syncros. But worked otherwise fine when I changed it out. I drove it to and from North Carolina like that.

New bearings it would be good to go if you're careful shifting it... I don't want to part with it. But maybe I would...

Oh, one more thing. You need to either get an ea82 flywheel and clutch kit, or get the ea81 flywheel decked to ea82 flywheel spec (which I can't remember now because it's late). And then get an ea82 clutch kit.

I have an 89 GL I've replaced pretty much every part on. So you can ask all the questions you want... heh.

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Chris he knows what needs to be done. it's a GEN 1 BRAT and he does need to cut the tunnel, along with change the motor to one with a side mount starter. And he has posted a pic in the gallery. I have been helping him out through pm for quite a while, and he has talked to people on USMB. I don't have that linkage anymore, I sold it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Oh, durr. I didn't realize it was a gen one with the top starter! I forget that in 80 it was still gen one for the brat.

Latest posts

Back