Looking for Mechanic Tools

Gate4jg

Im looking for wrenches, sockets, and a few screwdrivers for now. Anything to use to keep my subaru on the road.

injulen

You can buy used tools for really good prices at Liberty Tool Co in Liberty. It's a really cool store and worth the drive even just to check it out.

jojo69

that's good to know! I NEED a jack so that I can change my snow/summer tires because using the car's jack takes sooo much time!!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

i-wagon

Sometimes Sears has sales on jacks and Jackstands. Every once in a while the local pawn shop has good tools cheap. I found gearwrench reversible wrenches are worth their weight in gold, ratchets and sockets are pretty generic. 6 point sockets won't round over heads of bolts as easy, finer movement on ratchet is better

injulen

I was lucky enough to get a nice older floor jack as a hand me down from my dad.

I bought my jackstands at sears, even when not on sale they are pretty cheap for the smaller ones. Like 20 bucks a pair?

I also more recently picked up a pair of heavier duty ones from lowes which are really nice. Flanged feet so they don't sink in the dirt, lockable quick release, and even lasers to line them up.

And +1 on the gear wrench brand ratcheting wrenches. I have a set that has taken a good beating and still work great.

Edit: throwing out some links:

http://m.lowes.com/pd_4118-20535-85009_0__?productId=3339224

Last edited by a moderator:

Gate4jg

I have a sears jack but wasnt really happy with it. So far I had to rebuild the hydraulic ram a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:

injulen

I wouldn't be afraid to try a kobalt brand jack after seeing the build quality on the jack stands. I'm not sure what they have for a warranty though.

Latest posts

Back