looking for some 98 forester struts and an alternator

Legacy22GT

Hi all,

I'm looking for some struts for a 98 forester s.

passengers side front in particular, but all 4 would be great.

also need an alternator for a 98 2.5d

Thanks!

05RSKID

I have an alternator off a 02 impreza if your interested shoot me a pm

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I have a rebuild alternator (new brushes and bearings) with about 100k miles on it. $65

The 02 alternator won't work, in 99 they changed the connector from a 2 pin to a 3 pin connector.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
EDIT: oops read that wrong, you don't want outback struts on a forester. They're not as tall, just swap a whole set of fozzy struts, have it aligned, and be done with it.

Thought you were lifting the leggy for some reason.

If you want the alt and struts from 2point5RS_Dan, I can get those from him this tomorrow, then meet you by Augusta with it early next week or this weekend.

vvv and yes, it's the brackets.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
They're not. Forester struts are taller.

Are you using them to lift your legacy? You're also going to want to swap rear trailing arms with outback ones, otherwise yours wheels will be too far forward in the wheel wells. I can hook you up with a set if you want.
that's a myth. Forester springs are said to maybe be slightly stiffer, but they are the same length. And the trailing arms are all the same. The trailing arm brackets are different between a regular legacy and an outback or forester.

Legacy22GT

thanks for all the replies everyone,

I found an alternator from my ex's 98 gt kicking around that should fit. 

I'm going to have to hold off on the struts for a bit, thank you for the information about it.

Latest posts

Back