loosing license

fujative06

today i receved a letter from the state saying that there suspending my license for speeding while under in possession of my first (provisional) license. what i dont get is that im 19 ive had my license since i was 17 and ive had it for two years before i was pulled over so does this mean that im still going to loose my license or should i go to the state and fight it the worst part about this is that i drive to nh every week for work and if they take it that means i no longer have a job
default_smile.png
comon i need some help someone tell me what to do

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I don't know what to tell you.. but depending on where you need to go in NH, I might be able to help you get to work.

Tyler

I think the provisional license thing is the first 2 years, so if you got it at 17 and you're 19, chances are you haven't had it for 2 full years, and that may be what they're saying. You can try to fight it, but if it hasn't been 2 full years you're probably SOL. Don't quote me on any of this tho :-

L-town

yeah have to agree with what spin said. The state goes to the exact date you recieved your liscense.

R

redlinerally

I had a similar experience. While I've previously stated that I have never been given a ticket for speeding, it is true that I have been caught a few times. My first time was when I had my license for 20 days, and I was driving as a courier...

Ended up with a court summons (not a speeding ticket) where they threatened the same thing. I was able to get it scratched off by attending a defensive driving course (2 night class, costed $40-ish) and good behavior.

My suggestion is to go to court, talk to the DA and explain the job situation. Be honest and he/she may show leniency.

fujative06

yeah i went and talked to my neighbor who's a cop and he said that if i call the DA and tell them the situation of me working in NH that they'll probably give me a probational license like what pat was talking about and on the other hand the day i was pulled over was exactly 45 Min's from my 2 yr

Runnah

Get a motorcycle license.

Anyways see a judge, show them that you are a mature adult with a job that requires a car. He'd have to be worse the Duke Lacrosse judge, to take it away.

Impreza05

Just don't do what a lot of people do and drive anyway, it will just end up costing a lot of $$$$$$$. They will probably issue you a work permit if you tuck tail, lot's of "sir" or "maam" and look sorry and dejected.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
They used to put a tiny little footnote in font to small to read without a magnafying glass that said the following:

If you wish to contest this suspension, report to the Secretary of State office between the hours of 8am-5pm for a hearing.

It's been 10 years or so for me, but I did this a couple of times and it worked like a charm. They let me keep my license and extended my probation. I wasn't on my provisional license though. You my be fooked on that. My nephew lost his for a headlight out on a car he didn't even own. But it was a moving violation on a provisional license.

fujative06

well the lady at the dmv that i talked to today told me that seeing how i was still on my 2 year provisional license that there was no way they would allow me to get a work permit so basically my mom came to the rescue and aparently the ladies at the dmv are nicer to women then men cause they told her to write a letter and fax it to them and theyd get it to the people that need to see it. everyone i talked to today just gave me the run around and told me to call somewhere else wooo hoo way to go maine judical system

Latest posts

Back