Loring Autocross Aug 21/22

Stein

Stein
True, but now the option isn't even there. I probably wouldn't have driven even if I did show up.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I am glad they get some use out of it.

I was in the last year they were open as air force (brutal strategic air command)

The size is one of the bizarre facts... it can take a bomb. nuke planes were allowed there..

I found loring in the civilian realm last year as like an east coast bonneville.. with tarmac.

that will also be run this year, landspeed racing. 200mph+ welcome. I wanted to go last year, first event, never made it.

with that event any car is welcome, there is no pressure. You fit in a category (subaru ended up in a unique one- I already checked). If you were ever wondering top speed of your car...good place to do it, beyond a quarter slamming gears.

EvilAsPie

Woohoo!! can't wait! But still waiting for new springs to arrive tomorrow morning. Hoping to get them in and get to evergreen to for an alignment tomorrow and hit the road friday.

default_idk.gif

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I went up to the "autox". Typical short seat time of 4 runs yesterday. $55 for 4-5 mins of seat time on a winding course that did not take advantage of the available space. Autox at augusta civic center used to be sam as what I saw yesterday. And no they did not run two tracks at once as promised. I can't speak for today cause our group left saturday night when we couldn't see today going any better. I realized once again why I don't autox with cmc anymore. But if u want to see a bunch of adults driving go carts that should only be used by kids under 16. Yeah great time. I liked the cmc more when it was a car club.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
^^ im glad i didnt make the 7 hour drive then, if id get the same experience in a mall parking lot..... I was under the impression that this would be more "road course" then autox. NHIS looks like the best bet for that kind of driving still.

EvilAsPie

CMC discussion thread: http://skism.org/cmc/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4284&start=0

The plan was over ambitious unfortunately and that should have been realized sooner.

Days one's course was challenging and long. If you're actualy into learning how to to read a course, looking 2-3 gates/elements in front of you, exist one element differently in order to get better entry to the next one, braking and apexing properly to maximize grip.

Anyone who was not there for sunday missed out huge! We got deep into 3rd gear while going down hill in a huge sweep! On camber and off camber high speed turns. It was fantastic!

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I am glad for those who traveled up and enjoyed it and do hope day 2 was better. I know the club used to be more fun before adult go-carting took it over. I barely had gas $ to get there let alone $55 for a days racing. I don't think the price was justified for the coarse run and I know from experience it did not compare to the porsche/cmc running of oxford plain time trials when they used to do that. It was overhyped and too far to pay extra for ho-hum racing. We tried to discuss a discount for day 2 but they would not hear it. Auto x should be more affordable, especially for someone like myself (single income family of 3) I even slept in the back of my car at the track friday night.

Trainable

This event was definitely plagued by over promising and under delivering. Lessons were learned after day one and day two went much better. I think you would be hard pressed to find more than a couple people who were unhappy with the course, seat time, or atmosphere of day two. Those that paid full price on Sat have every right to be annoyed, and I probably would have left as well with the outlook of camping in sub 50 temps, paying $55, getting about the same seat time as a local event, driving on a course that seems like a usual course photocopied at 1.3x, and being in an atmosphere of stress/aggravation. You're most likely missing out if you don't give another Loring event (if there is one) a try, since they should be much more like day two than day one.

abenson100

This event was definitely plagued by over promising and under delivering. Lessons were learned after day one and day two went much better. I think you would be hard pressed to find more than a couple people who were unhappy with the course, seat time, or atmosphere of day two. Those that paid full price on Sat have every right to be annoyed, and I probably would have left as well with the outlook of camping in sub 50 temps, paying $55, getting about the same seat time as a local event, driving on a course that seems like a usual course photocopied at 1.3x, and being in an atmosphere of stress/aggravation. You're most likely missing out if you don't give another Loring event (if there is one) a try, since they should be much more like day two than day one.
this is how i feel as well. being a club member the price was much more reasonable for me and i can understand how paying full price would see like a rip off, but look at what it cost to run at devens for comparable seat time. day two was much better run and if it werent for a couple computer glitches we could have had 9-10 runs instead of 8. the couse was very fast ( high 3rd in my RS) while still technical in places it needed to be. i am hopefull this will take place next year, and that anyone who didnt go gives it a shot and those thatwere disappointed will consider going again. also if you pre-reg. there was a discount.

Latest posts

Back