Low BH Outback 5mt

SurlyOBS

So I found the Outback I was looking for and it was in decent shape.  BH body style, 5speed, not rusty and not a horrible/typical mint green color either.  As a bonus it had yellow tinted fogs and was nicely lowered so my work was 1/2 done already.  It rides nice on the Legacy struts with the H&R springs and is low but not too low for Maine roads.  The Whiteline rsb needs endlinks before it goes on.  

Here it is after a wash and vaccum.

Iy0BtdTl.jpg

Of course the rack had to swap over from the beater Outback, and it really needed some tint to look nice.  35% F and 20% R.

9zI1c0sl.jpg

Swapped the 17'' summer wheels on to check fit.  They clear with no rubbing.  

h4OwIqNl.jpg

First time in the snow.  Crappy Iphone pic...

gmtA36vl.jpg

Next on the list is buffing out the headlights and other minor things.  

Ray

The Northernah'
This is awesome! I love that year and they look good lowered. You should dip that grille maybe!

Last edited by a moderator:

SurlyOBS

Thanks! That's exactly What I was thinking. I was planning on getting rid of the chrome in the grille. I'm not sure if I will dip it or do a semi gloss paint. Might also delete the guts of the grille and do a custom mesh insert. I just wish I had more free time to get that stuff done.

This is awesome! I love that year and they look good lowered. You should dip that grille maybe!

SurlyOBS

I got it done at TintsRus in Windham because the guy is about one mile from my house and I figured I'd support the local guy. He charged $300 for the 5 windows. Did a nice clean and quick job too. I'm sure I could have shopped around but the money stays right down the road and if I have issues he is right there.

Where did you get your tint done? and how much, if you don't mind my asking.

SurlyOBS

I'm not a photographer at all but I figured since I was doing the Tag-o-rama pics I might as well put up some Christmas lights and make it a Holiday photo.  

Happy Holidays Mainely Subarus!   Winter, 2013/2014

01K8w4fl.jpg

Wagons rock!

b1DfX4Ol.jpg

Would be better if I had more then two 150 lumen bike lights for lighting.  

bbBoNoDl.jpg

Latest posts

Back