MaD Tyte yO!

GClark

yO! I decided I wanted to paint my stock 05 obs wheels, since there my winter ones. And so far, there turning out really good! There goin be matte black....
default_wink.png
default_lost.gif
default_tongue.png

Heres a little preview:

pICSQ013.jpg

pICSQ015-1.jpg

All I got to do now is clearcoat.

Last edited by a moderator:

WRXSuShi

I usually save myself some time and just paint the tire, i don't think it'll hurt it at all. but looks good man!

GClark

Nope not plasti dip, just regular paint. I was thinkin of just painting the tire, but I wanted to keep them clean. Kinda...

Trevor723

I've seen a deck of playing cards stuffed between the tire and rim to effectively mask them off too... if you had problems getting the tape to stick to the rubber.

GClark

What did you do to prepare the tires before painting ?

I got a sander attachment for my drill, did that, then sanded and primed with one coat. Then like 5 coats of coats of paint and two coats of flat clearcoat. It came out really good! Im all done now, and there being mounted tomorrow for my trip of north. My low profies wont work to well on dirt roads:cool:. I might even paint my summers, I like it a lot!

default_biggrin.png

Heres some finished pics, more to come when I mount them, and get them diiiirrrttttyyyy:rally:

6015_1204922726150_1321103381_588338_1054179_n.jpg

6015_1204922886154_1321103381_588341_3216905_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GClark

$6 for one can of paint( it was a little bigger then a regular can) and $4 somethin for the clear coat, I already had primer but that's about the same.

Back