Kati

Saturday, November 7th: 5 to 8pm

Meet at Maine Indoor Karting Scarborough, ME

23 Washington Ave., Scarborough, ME 04074

5:30- Head inside

5:30- 5:45pm- Sign waivers and take the 15 minute Safety Course

Race til 8pm

For those who want to stick around AFTER 8pm:

Saturday Night Special= 8:00pm-close! Members $10 per race, non-members $15 per race.

It'd be cool to get a bunch of Subie lovers together on Saturday to let loose!
default_rolleyes.gif

There's a couple ways we can pay for the evening.

What way would you like to pay?

OPTION 1)

M.I.K. is willing to do a discounted rate for individual races.

Races are usually $22.00 per person for an 8 minute race.

The more people there, the better the rate will be!

Or

OPTION 2)

We can host an event:

Example:

The Grand Prix Package for the COMPETITIVE members:

$610.00 per 14 people (it sounds scary, but it breaks down to $43.57 a person);

14 drivers at a time have:

* an 8 minute practice run

* 4 minutes of qualifying time

* 8 minutes of a finalizing time

(races will be set up into different time classifications: Fast, not so fast, slow, etc.)

------ this particular event would require a deposit of anywhere from $200.00 to $500.00 BUT the deposit WILL BE DEDUCTED off of the total event when cashing out.

Last edited:

Kristof

Banned
wow great idea horrible price. spend 18 dollars for 8 minutes? lol a high end hooker is cheaper per minute and your gauranteed to win when doing that lol

Stein

Stein
I went to MIK once with a camp. It was awesome!

I don't know if I'd fork over the dough myself though...

SUBARUDE

wow great idea horrible price. spend 18 dollars for 8 minutes? lol a high end hooker is cheaper per minute and your gauranteed to win when doing that lol
these aren't fun town special go carts that you pay $5 for like 2 minutes of driving these are more high end carts that you have to have a 15 minute safety class before you can even drive them.until you have tried it don't put it down but i know you like your lewiston hookers so i guess its best if you go and blow your $18 there
default_wink.png

Kristof

Banned
these aren't fun town special go carts that you pay $5 for like 2 minutes of driving these are more high end carts that you have to have a 15 minute safety class before you can even drive them.until you have tried it don't put it down but i know you like your lewiston hookers so i guess its best if you go and blow your $18 there
default_biggrin.png
been carting before but when i went both times my car club rented out the track so it was a all you can drive so i have a hard time justifying that kind of money. oh and i prefer my hookers from livermore falls not lewiston the lewiston ones dont have enough teeth
default_wink.png

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Maine Indoor Carting is awesome and worth a few clams to do it...if you're driving like you mean it, you get to practice a little left-foot braking around turn 1 and 2!!!
default_wink.png

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
MIK is awesome, only things I don't like about it are pricing (broke ass college kid) and their bumping policy, rubbin' is racing'

As for me showing up to this, like the mythbusters say "Plausible"

K

Kati

The more people there, the better the rate will be!
I don't know how much C L E A R E R - I can make this, BUT I'll try:

So......

$10.00

$11.00

$12.00

$13.00

$14.00

$15.00

is TOO expensive to you?
default_smile.png

I've paid more than that at some of the meets for gross food!
default_smile.png

FORGET the 2nd option and look at it THIS WAY, THE MORE PEOPLE THAT GO... (a.k.a. anyone who has ever wanted to get together on the weekend; anyone who favors "Southern meets"; anyone who likes having a goodtime; anyone who actually wants to mingle with Subaru lovers)... THE BETTER THE RATE WILL BE.

I didn't reply to get assinine replies after this, so if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

Please keep this thread positive so Subaru owners can have a fun weekend get-together.

If you wish to reply to say you are or aren't going, that's fine, but we don't need Peanut Gallery comments on how you can get toothless hoes cheaper than $10.00.
default_biggrin.png

RJS5689

I've had some experience on an indoor track back home in NY at Grand Prix NY. Not nearly as much as I'd like though. I would love to do some more. It would be awesome to meet some of the Subaru guys and have some fun. Count me in! Is it cool if I talk to some of my buddies? I know one of them would be down for this.

K

Kati

RJS5689- yes totally come! And bring your friends too! Remember the more people that show up, the better our price is!!
default_smile.png

PLEASE NOTE:

THE DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO=

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH, 2009!!

-----Added 10/9/2009 at 03:36:22-----

The track is 1200 feet long/ 25 feet wide, it features a ten turn semi- technical road course.

Each racer gets printed lap by lap timing sheets- and the races are usually about 15-20 laps for about 8 minutes of time (at 40mph).

new-track-jan-2009.gif

Dress Code:

Wear something comfy. No flip flops or sandals are allowed. You may bring your own FULL FACE shield helmet if you'd like- however they DO provide them. This time of year they do NOT have racing gloves but if it was chilly and you have your own gloves- you may bring them.

Important Notes:

* 18 years and under do need parental consent forms signed, if they have been there before then their consent form is stored on file for 1 year.

* Beer and wine is limited to 2 per person AND there will be NO DRINKING until your race is complete. If they feel you've been drinking, they WILL give you a Breathalyzer before you get on the track.

crk_rbbt_gokart_web.jpg

Latest posts

Back